Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wrong Fuel

baz1631

OK so this fuel thing is a red herring. I was thinking that your garage was trying to suck you in but maybe it is possible. It is very unlikely that it happened as a result of putting the wrong fuel in. :thumbsup:

Just what mechanic said. I'm in a good position up here in bonnie oban (not just now cause its rainin!) in that I'm on first name terms with most people, including a few mechanics and this guy is reasonable. he wouldn't over charge cause his reputation wouldn't be worth :censor: once word got around!

Hi again! thinking of going for reconditioned engine, might be cheaper than getting all sorts of "extra" work done like cleaning oil outof engine /removing/replacingturbo. what are your thoughts?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• baz1631

• anchorman

• three5

• crofter

TBH it seems a bit rash. What have the garage said?

TBH it seems a bit rash. What have the garage said?

Nothing yet, haven't been back to them yet,but it was just a thought.the recon quote of £1550.00 delivered, would include turbo (£460+vat),the garage quote for a turbo unit alone was £865+150 vat! over £1000.BEFORE they started to do anything else, whereas recon would also include new timing belt etc. BTW,know any other companies that do recons?

Not really considered it. I imagine there is fitting on top. Does it come complete with a new DMF?

Not really considered it. I imagine there is fitting on top. Does it come complete with a new DMF?

Hi A M, I'd imangine so, the quote incudes turbo unit/pick-up and return of vehicle. company is: www.iengines.co.uk Cant get the link thing goin! check it out :unsure:

I must admit it looks OK.

yes an if they fit it which they would do if they pick-up & deliver, then u get 50,000mls/5yrs warranty..........for a "small fee"!

Hello AGAIN!.....going back to the begining of the saga! could all this ie: white smoke /not starting/oil in the places it shouldn't be...etc have happened if I didn't put the wrong fuel in,and the turbo was :censor: ? just a thought, 'cause I might be able to get repair done cheaper and nearer home! :unsure:

Yes - that is why I asked all the questions earlier.

sorry heads up ma :censor: at the moment tryin to guess the cheapest/easiest way of getting this problem fixed!Like I said at the start,I'm SURE it was diesel I put in the tank in the first place. Is there more than one variant of turbo I can go for ? my engine type/No. (as your immense knoledge will probably have already told you )is 1CD******* and it's a CLA21(W) variant.

No just the one. There is always an oily residue of oil inside the pipes to the intercooler but if it is soaked then it maight well be causing your problems. Breakers know how much they cost but you could trawl eBay for a turbo and a starter. I think it's a more viable option than starting ripping engines out even if you have to get them fitted.

No just the one. There is always an oily residue of oil inside the pipes to the intercooler but if it is soaked then it maight well be causing your problems. Breakers know how much they cost but you could trawl ebay for a turbo and a starter. I think it's a more viable option than starting ripping engines out even if you have to get them fitted.

yes, thankx for VERY quick reply again......you must sit with your head inside the pc all night! still, I suppose it gives you a break fae the wife!Trawling eBay and everywhere else as we speak. :thumbsup:

sorry heads up ma :censor: at the moment tryin to guess the cheapest/easiest way of getting this problem fixed!Like I said at the start,I'm SURE it was diesel I put in the tank in the first place. Is there more than one variant of turbo I can go for ? my engine type/No. (as your immense knoledge will probably have already told you )is 1CD******* and it's a CLA21(W) variant.

Trying not to bore everyone with taxi talk again, but it is relevant, I looked at several re-con engines + most do not include fuel pump,turbo, injectors, or flywheel, I bought a Brand New engine, when the garage stripped the ancillaries off my old engine the Turbo was found to be very worn, i managed to source a re-built one for £300, the total bill for engine turbo + fitting was £3,866-04p this is a ford transit engine, I would warn that there are Re con engines out there + there are some very dubious ones as well. I would do a lot of research before going down this route, but good luck whatever you decide :thumbsup: Stew

Trying not to bore everyone with taxi talk again, but it is relevant, I looked at several re-con engines + most do not include fuel pump,turbo, injectors, or flywheel, I bought a Brand New engine, when the garage stripped the ancillaries off my old engine the Turbo was found to be very worn, i managed to source a re-built one for £300, the total bill for engine turbo + fitting was £3,866-04p this is a ford transit engine, I would warn that there are Re con engines out there + there are some very dubious ones as well. I would do a lot of research before going down this route, but good luck whatever you decide :thumbsup: Stew

Cheers pal, not diving in head first! too much to lose, still payin' for it! saw one on fleabay , less than £500 exchange, still looking, . wont be getting one for a couple of months though,.still lookin for a job to pay for it..ha ha.. do all turbo units ie: those that fit a particular engine, have the same number on them ?.. :thumbsup:

I now work very inconvenient office hours so I tend to look early in the morning or in the evening through the week. What happens at weekend depends where I am. I must admit I thought that engine was cheap for one that is "fully dressed". Swapping all the bits over that Stewpot describes can take several hours which equates to another lump on the bill.

Stew, your taxi experience is relevant not boring :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links