Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaks Database

MartyB

Hi,

I would like everyone to say if their Aygo has leaks or not to compile a list of how bad the problem really is. For those with leaks can they say if it leaks when driving or not and where they think its leaking and where the water ends up. Please also say which version you have and its age. It would be good to see if their is a common pattern.

For the record mine is a Aygo Black 5 door 60 Reg with no leaks.

Martin

Hi, Had my new Aygo Platinum 15 months and up to now no leaks until today, I found small amount of water sitting on top of the carpet on N/S rear passenger foot well.Popped into my dealers place and they are going to fit new seal and check the membrane on door under trim just to be on the safe side.Apparently if the membrane is not fitted correctly water can pass it and leak into car when it should come out of the slot in bottom of the door.Will post when done to let you know the outcome.

regards

johnhrh

I've only had my Aygo for about 3 weeks or so but it rained really hard for a few days and I checked - so far no leaks at all. It's a 5 door Aygo Plus MMT. How do I know which version it is?

I've only had my Aygo for about 3 weeks or so but it rained really hard for a few days and I checked - so far no leaks at all. It's a 5 door Aygo Plus MMT. How do I know which version it is?

The year of purchase and model should be info enuf pal....

Ie Aygo Blue 10, is how I'd describe my wife's one..

57 reg Aygo blue, apart from a small leak in the boot which i easily traced to the roof mounted upper brake light (new seal fitted) it has been bone dry.....Colin

Aygo 1.0 vvti, 3 door manual, purchased brand new last September. Leaking into rear footwells quite badly because the carpets were sopping wet - cannot confirm if this happens when driving or standing (Currently with the dealer having new door seals & carpets fitted) :ffs:

Hi

I had an Aygo Blue 08.

Leaks through the passenger and driver door - new seals fiited - New carpet

Leaks through the rear doors - news seal fitter - new carpet again

Leaking boot seal - boot would fill with water.

After that rejected the car complained to toyota and exchanged for yaris.

James

Seems not all Aygo's ;eak, if anything from this survey its more like 10-20% so can see why they have not done much about it. Strange how the leaks can come from so many different places. Thanks for everyone's input.

It would appear that not all Aygo's leak which is good to hear :-)

Still strange how the car can leak from so many different places!!!!!!

It would appear that not all Aygo's leak which is good to hear :-)

Still strange how the car can leak from so many different places!!!!!!

I agree. I have no idea how its the same car, and how some leak, and some dont. Some fud on here said to me..."an orange goes to the the one with the answer" :blink:

What I havent mentioned is my brothers` girlfriend bought a 5 door Aygo. She`s never mentioned any leaks too!! :yahoo:

Aygo black 07 special edtion owned for two yrs and no leaks love my little set of super wheels

Aygo Platinum 3 Door, 59 Plate

Found no leaks, just some small amount of condensation on the spare wheel and perhaps 2-4 ml of water on the rim. Hope that is not indicative of something. I may try to tighten the rear lights as they seem a little loose.

Found no leaks, just some small amount of condensation on the spare wheel and perhaps 2-4 ml of water on the rim. Hope that is not indicative of something. I may try to tighten the rear lights as they seem a little loose.

If there is condensation on the spare wheel it looks like you have had a leak (which when the car gets warm would cause condensation - a lot of the leaky Aygos first show by having steamy windows).

How else would you have moisture in the boot?

I would have a good check next time you have the car out in heavy rain.

My wife's 59 plate Aygo 3 door has just come back from Toyota dealer - it leaked and they fitted new design door seals and fitted new carpets. 2 of her friends have Aygos (a 57 and a 10 plate) and they also leaked.

If there is condensation on the spare wheel it looks like you have had a leak (which when the car gets warm would cause condensation - a lot of the leaky Aygos first show by having steamy windows).

How else would you have moisture in the boot?

I would have a good check next time you have the car out in heavy rain.

Yes I agree, I was a little worried. I will keep checking. So these new design door seal must be really new if they are not already fitted to a 59 plate car. Is there a new design boot seal too? As mine is a 3 door.

I have had a really wet inside windscreen, but then again I have had that on another of my cars.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links