Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Leaks Database

MartyB

I have been looking under the carpet today to look for a source of water ingress. The door seal is not the best, but only lets in a bit of water. There are holes directly from the floor pan that have a rubber bung in, I saw 2. There are also holes in the box section? these dont have any bungs. from feeing the damp patches it sooms that its on of these holes under carpet that is a source of water. Should these be filled? or hav bungs in?

• 2 weeks later...

I collected my brand new Aygo Go MMT on 7 July 2011.

Took it for its first real spin on 22 July - West Wales to Surrey/West Sussex.

Upon unloading the car my laptop and bag were stowed behind the passenger seat on the floor they were wet. I then unloaded the boot, my road atlas was soaked and totally ruined. The boot liner was soaking and upon lifting up the plastic panel I found the tyre and jack sitting in about 2 inches of water.

I then checked the car further and found the rear seat was wet underneath.

We had rain whilst I was away but upon checking the car the boot was still dry.

Complained to the Dealer and they have asked me to take it on Monday for a couple of days and they will provide me with a courtesy car.

I am astounded to learn that this problem has plagued Aygos since they were first launched which is really worrying.

With the amount of water I found the car must be leaking in more than one place. Furthermore, how can it be tested thoroughly when in some circumstances perhaps only when driving in rain does it enter the car?

The car is less than three weeks old and smells inside.

I really like this little car but have lost complete faith in it. I live around 30 miles from the garage so to have to keep returning for repairs is a real inconvenience to me.

I don't want to end up with a car that has had so much done to it before I have really even used it.

I understand that I have to give them three chances to make a full and lasting repair then I can reject it.

As much as I like the Aygo I am not sure that I would have another one for this reason. Does the Yaris suffer any known problems and is it as cheap to run as the Aygo?

An update.

Received my Aygo Go back today. Have been advised that the leak was via a vent underneath the rear bumper. Hopefully, this has resolved the leak issues. I will keep you posted!

As much as I like the Aygo I am not sure that I would have another one for this reason. Does the Yaris suffer any known problems and is it as cheap to run as the Aygo?

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your Aygo. To answer your question,I'm on my second Yaris, and have my eye on the new shape of Yaris due out soon. I've always been very happy with my Yarises, more than any other brand I've had before. I find it cheap to run too, for insurance,petrol,service plan etc.

Received my Aygo Go back today. Have been advised that the leak was via a vent underneath the rear bumper.

That's actually a common/known problem. So I think you're safe for the future.

well it absolutley hammered it down today in brum for a good 20+ minutes. i went outside after and checked my floor carpets and rear boot flooring and all felt dry. Im praying i got a goodun! someone did say the platinums had a new seal which should have been standard but if the "go"s r having that problem then i may just be lucky!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

2005 Sport, now leaking on drivers door. I'll be sorting it before long with new seals.

Aygo Sport 06

High mounted centre break light leaked last year. water ran down both sides and into the boot well. replaced the unit and seal + the two low air vents into the boot (just in case, as I had heard they were a problem). Dry as a bone since.

Aygo Blue 08 (Wifes car)

No leaks so far.

Aygo Blue '10 leaks into spare wheel well. I've traced it to coming into the boot at the rear of the body at the seam below the black plastic grill in the centre. I've poured water on the outside of the car to replicate it but it only happens with rain. Toyota dealer will have to sort it at the 20,000 mile service.

I agree with Jan. My air vents hadn't leaked but whilst I was replacing my boot lock (another story) I decided to replace them while I had the rear bumper off. The seals were hanging down and not really sealing anything.

The new seals have been upgraded and instead of having a loose seal in the vent it is an integral fixed seal which is much better.

The seals are easy to replace but the bumper is a pig to get off! :P

Since new door seals were fitted I have had a dry Aygo, extra seals fitted round the top of the door also. I do have a wet headlight though!

I think when the time comes to change, will all the compertition on the market that I will not be getting another Aygo.

i have a newish aygo registered end july 2011. everything has been fine until today when visiting my sister. i parked half on pavement and half on road. when i got into my car on leaving there was a puddle of water on the drivers side footwell. no water anywhere else. unhappy as you dont expect this to happen in a fairly new car.

Or any car! Thing is I have come to accept it, as have a lot of people, the Aygo leaks, its become rather normal, but before this I have had loads of cars from a 1969 morris minor ( in early 2000`s) 15 year old fiestas etc, no car has ever leaked! Take it to the dealer and they will add rubber stripping to the uper doors, this will cure it.

• 6 months later...

06 Aygo Black Leaks in the boot on both sides of the car under the Lights either the Lights the Seals or the Rear brake lights haven't determined the cause as yet investigation is on going

• 2 weeks later...

56 Reg which had problems in the early days due to the lack of gutters above the rear doors. Retro fitting these under warranty fixed this. Like Viper we now have water at either side of the boot and I suspect rear lighting seals. A job for the weekend!

<p><p><p>i-b2jFR5t-M.png

I was also told the Stubs that stick out that are made of rubber (See Picture) could also be the culprate and the solution is to take them off and put sealant round them i haven't tried this yet though let me know if you find the cause Dave Check this post by Kaliope as possible help http://www.toyotaown...20#entry1229201

Guys if it's leaking both sides of the boot it's more likely to be the high level brake light , as you would be very unlucky to have both rear light seals go at same time.

Just spent an hour with a watering can, a screwdriver and a spanner.

Stripped all boot interior panels, lots of water poured around all the lights and the culprit was the offside rear light cluster. Removed it and the seal was quite compressed and very wet. Fashioned another gasket with some foam, added this and reassembled. Lots more water poured over it and no leak.

Despite no leaks from the area I took the time to remove the high level brake light and clean all the crud which was around the seal.

So once again we are leak free.

• 4 weeks later...

Just discovered water in the boot, nearside. Mine's a 58 Platinum. Hard to tell but the rear footwell nearside might be wet - there's soundproofing under the carpet. Will be quite a job taking out the carpet to find out.

When it stops raining might see if its the rear light cluster, seems to be the most likely culprit!

Still under warranty though (I bought it 3 years old with a year's warranty).

Having been quite happy to believe my '59 plate Aygo Blue was leak free, I was gutted to find a little puddle in my boot this afternoon! :(

I was sticking a touch activated LED light into the back (after getting fed up unloading the car in the flipping dark time again!) and have noticed the left hand side is very wet to touch, leaves a moisture on the hand. I lifted the carpet away and can feel it is wet all the way from the bumper/boot to where the back seats begin. I also noticed the black carpet top layer has come away from the sticky 'underlay' of the carpet, which I guess has become unsticky due to the water, but would this mean it has been sitting in the wet for a while?

Having been quite happy to believe my '59 plate Aygo Blue was leak free, I was gutted to find a little puddle in my boot this afternoon! :(

I was sticking a touch activated LED light into the back (after getting fed up unloading the car in the flipping dark time again!) and have noticed the left hand side is very wet to touch, leaves a moisture on the hand. I lifted the carpet away and can feel it is wet all the way from the bumper/boot to where the back seats begin. I also noticed the black carpet top layer has come away from the sticky 'underlay' of the carpet, which I guess has become unsticky due to the water, but would this mean it has been sitting in the wet for a while?

After 3 years of ownership not experiencing any leaks, today I have discovered exactly the same as you - a very wet boot floor with moisture appearing to come from the bumper/wheel arch area. The base of the rear bench is also soaking. Unable to tell where the water is coming from and whether Toyota will do much to sort the problem. Any ideas/similar experiences? I'm thinking it could soon be the end of my Aygo journey what with this and a few other things starting to go wrong.

After 3 years of ownership not experiencing any leaks, today I have discovered exactly the same as you - a very wet boot floor with moisture appearing to come from the bumper/wheel arch area. The base of the rear bench is also soaking. Unable to tell where the water is coming from and whether Toyota will do much to sort the problem. Any ideas/similar experiences? I'm thinking it could soon be the end of my Aygo journey what with this and a few other things starting to go wrong.

If your leak is one of the knowns issues:

Rear panel vents - water into boot & rear footwells

3rd brake light - water into boot

Antenna base - water in interior light causes rust stains

Tailgate stoppers - water into boot & rear footwells

Door membranes - water into footwells

Door seals - water into footwells

Speaker membranes - water into footwells

Door gutters - - water into footwells

All of the above are known issues & there is a 5yr/100k warranty in place to deal with them.

Devon

If your leak is one of the knowns issues:

Rear panel vents - water into boot & rear footwells

3rd brake light - water into boot

Antenna base - water in interior light causes rust stains

Tailgate stoppers - water into boot & rear footwells

Door membranes - water into footwells

Door seals - water into footwells

Speaker membranes - water into footwells

Door gutters - - water into footwells

All of the above are known issues & there is a 5yr/100k warranty in place to deal with them.

Devon

Not on my 6 year old Aygo, though?!

Hi everyone! Have read through the above posts and am still none the wiser on where to start re. The problems that have begun to appear with our 08plate Aygo platinum.

Bought from new it had only had one problem. Before now! That initial problem was a soaked through front driverside footwell. I wasn't impressed at all for a brand new car but followed TOYOTA advice that we had to allow them chance to fix problem before replacing. Which they did. Seals and "carpets" were replaced and the problem has never returned. There was a whistling sound for a short period but, somehow, that stopped.

However a bigger problem it would seem has started. Over the last week or so I have noticed little pools of water on the inside of both rear windows. These have been wiped dry and have been keeping an eye on how often it occurs and whether it is just when we get the heavy rainfall we Brits love lol! OH NO!! The rain wasn't so bad last night but on getting in to the car today for a short trip, the entire rear seat is holding water like a sponge. Only today this problem has been seen/felt. The seat has always been dry before today. The boot well is also wet to the touch.

The car is only used as a runaround. Just over 4 miles daily and has a little over 12.6K on the clock. The rear windows have only ever been opened in the summer (when we have them!)

There seems to be a mixed view on whether to go back to dealers or straight to TOYOTA UK.

We do really like the car, it is a great 'big' little car and fits the purpose brilliantly. Strangely enough, even knowing they were alll basically the same car, we somehow preferred the Aygo over the C1 and 107!!!

I really can't work out how the rear seat has become so wet (is it linked to the window leak?) but am guessing that this problem might have been underlying for a while as occasionally it suffers with the iced up inside windscreen!

We will be phoning the dealer first thing in the morning but on reading posts on this and similar forums don't hold much hope. Could somebody please help and point us in the right direction in case we get little luck from them.

Many thanks

Hi,

I would like everyone to say if their Aygo has leaks or not to compile a list of how bad the problem really is. For those with leaks can they say if it leaks when driving or not and where they think its leaking and where the water ends up. Please also say which version you have and its age. It would be good to see if their is a common pattern.

For the record mine is a Aygo Black 5 door 60 Reg with no leaks.

Martin

Yes our aygo leaks, the back seat is soaked the boot and the footwell, but because this has only just happened and the car is now 5 years old it isn't under manufacturers warranty which is abit annoying when it is obviously a problem from the start. The water seems to be coming in through the rear lights as they have all misted up aswel.

There seems to be a mixed view on whether to go back to dealers or straight to TOYOTA UK.

With any problem on any car, your contract is with the dealer you bought the car from, so you should always contact them first. They can then work with Toyota if required. If you write directly to Toyota, you will be refered back to the dealer. These water leaks are well documented and your dealer MIGHT be able to assist you

Kingo :thumbsup: