Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaks Database

MartyB

Sealed up the 3rd brake light with bathroom sealant and has stayed dry ever since! And getting 55 - 60 mpg in this warm weather, so we're going to be happy ever after!

My only leak was from the 3rd brake light,I would always recommend checking that first as the factory foam seal is a poor fit, it's also the highest point in the car, checking for leaks..... start at the top,and work down :)

• 5 months later...

08 Plate Aygo platinum front passenger footwell 1 inch full of water

• 1 month later...

07 plate Aygo Blue 1.0 VVT-i Petrol - Leaking like a sieve!

Already had a leaking aerial replaced a couple of years ago under warranty, now have wet seats and boot and have been told by Toyota that it is leaking from 3 different places. Not impressed!

07 plate Aygo Blue 1.0 VVT-i Petrol - Leaking like a sieve!

Already had a leaking aerial replaced a couple of years ago under warranty, now have wet seats and boot and have been told by Toyota that it is leaking from 3 different places. Not impressed!

Where have they said it's leaking from?

I had problems that I've recently fixed myself :-)

Have you looked through these forums ?

• 6 years later...

I have a 56 plate (07) Aygo. Leaking water like a tap. Back windows have been replaced under a Toyota recall.

the garage then did a full check and informed me the leaks were via the rubbers. I was quoted 1200.00 for the problem to be resolved by replacing all the seals.

a lovely car to drive, but now a nightmare due to the water.

value of the car? 900.00 max? So it looks like I must get rid of it as it steams up all the time.

Please look up a "wheeler dealer" episode where they were fixing up an Aston Martin. They had the rubber seals gone on it and fixed it with some silicon seal which you push into the rubber seal itself. Might not be relevant but worth looking into it.

• 2 weeks later...

08 Aygo Platinum - leaks in the boot and spare wheel well (both sides and in both passenger footwells). Sealed upper brake light, light clusters, rubber bumpstops and vents behind rear bumper. Treated all rubbers with a coating of silicone grease. Now bone dry....yipee. Is due recall work on rear windows at dealers as is 5 door but not taking it in is as happy as it is.

3 hours ago, SimonIG10 said:

08 Aygo Platinum - leaks in the boot and spare wheel well (both sides and in both passenger footwells). Sealed upper brake light, light clusters, rubber bumpstops and vents behind rear bumper. Treated all rubbers with a coating of silicone grease. Now bone dry....yipee. Is due recall work on rear windows at dealers as is 5 door but not taking it in is as happy as it is.

The recall is nothing to do with water leaks, the glue holding the rear door glasses to their front hinges can fail which at best results in loose glass at worst the glass can detach from both hinges & fall off or even swing out and hit someone/something. Please! get the recall done.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 3:43 PM, SimonIG10 said:

Hi Simon,

Can you tell me where are the rubber bumpstops and vents behind bumper as i can’t see any!
Some pictures will really help me!
Thanks

See the arrow. One each side. Get some silicone sealant around them if a bit loose.

bump stop.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Was leaking badly on the high level light. Sealert seems to have cured it on a 2009 model.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links