Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Some Problems With My Aygo Black

desjohn

Hello,

I have had my Aygo black for around two months now. It is my first car as I passed my test on 01/08/2010. I am really enjoying driving my Aygo but I have a few questions.

1. Does everyone else's rear wiper make as much noise as mine? I was driving last night and my wife was in the back. She asked me to switch the wiper off as it was making so much noise.

2. Why is there know door on the glove compartment? I have checked on eBay and some people are selling them for around £25.00 . You would think if it cost as little Toyota would have fitted one!

Thanks

Des

Hi Des

Rear wiper - should be as quiet on the glass as the front ones. You don't say how old your Aygo is but if it's not new and the rear wiper is squeaking the blade's probably gone hard and needs replacing.

Glove box - Aygo's were not fitted with them. No idea why! 25 quid seems about right too, but send parts king a note, he may get you one cheaper..

Good luck with your car

:thumbsup:

Just seen another post of yours where you give the car's age... could be polish on the window if that's the problem, otherwise a visit to the dealer seems in order!

Welcome to the ToC :)

And secondly, congrats on passing your test :D

When you say the wiper is making a noise, do you mean the blade 'scrapes' (or whatever) as it wipes the window or the actual motor mechanism itself? Either way, the rear wiper should be whisper quiet. The Aygo is a lovely car - I wish you many (many) happy miles of motoring in it.

Rear wiper motor is noisy and there isn't much sound deadening around the housing. If you want one you can't hear you need to spend more on your car. BTW, the silver lining for this cloud is the rear wiper is on the wrong way for RHD so is useless and not worth using - lashings of Rainex is far more effective!

Hello,

It seems to be the mechanism. It makes a loudish whining noise. I do turn the music up but this is not ideal if someone is in the back and cant hear any conversation!

Oh and my Aygo is a 10 plate.

Des