Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Towing Another Car

webleymk3

I've noticed the rav doesn't seem to have a towing eye at the back. This causes an issue with towing another vehicle. I had a tow bar added to the car however this doesn't solve the problem as my tow rope has a hook on the end and there is nothing to hook this too.

Has anyone else come across this and is there a solution?

Thanks

Could you not make a loop round the tow ball by putting the hook over tow rope?

Just a suggestion!

Del

Del. This is an option but I'm slightly puzzled that a car like this doesnt seem to count for this scenario.

Also I wouldn't be tight as the rope has a rubber sleeve to keep the spliced ripe together so the loop would be quite big.

Perhaps its to save pennies on the build cost, but surely with a tow bracket the load is spread under the car,thereby no sudden strain on one side while towing.

Maybe its to stop you stopping the breakdown chappies from charging large sums of money for recovery of your mates motors :rolleyes::rolleyes: :lol2: :lol2:

I've noticed the rav doesn't seem to have a towing eye at the back. This causes an issue with towing another vehicle. I had a tow bar added to the car however this doesn't solve the problem as my tow rope has a hook on the end and there is nothing to hook this too.

Has anyone else come across this and is there a solution?

Thanks

There is a towing eye at the back, bolted to the nearside rear chassis rail underneath, however yours will have been removed when the towbar was fitted because it uses the 2 bolts that your towbar is connected to,(two each side) :thumbsup: Stew

I am not sure whether it should have been re-fitted or whether that is possible with your towbar in place :unsure:

I wondered if it had been removed for that reason. I'm making sure I know what to do when i get the dreaded 'stuck in the snow' phone call!!!

I'll look at the rope and make sure I can loop it on the tow bar. Just noticed the muppets missed a nut on the tow bar frame. Need to get that added!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links