Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Overheating

dnp9999

Hi,

I have a problem with my Toyota Camry (1997) model today.

These are the sequence of steps that took place within 15 min.

I started from my home.Within 2 miles I saw that the engine has overheated also the engine check light was ON.

Fortunaltely there is a gas station at that moment where I stopped immediately and found that coolant was not there.

I bought the coolant and filled it till it reached full. Then I stopped for 10 min. I also observed that the radiator fans are not running.

I decided to take the car to a mechanic who is 2 miles from the place I stopped. I again started driving it. Almost after reaching 3/4th

of the distance again the meter showe me overheating and the check engine light is ON. Theres no way for me to stop, I drive to the mechanic.

I stopped by his garrage and waited for him to watch my car. Then the car didnt start at all again. The coolant tank became empty again. The

mechanic being busy, He wanted to get back to my car on Monday.

Can any one break my curiosity of what could have happened to my car????

Thanks in advance.

Hard to say without seeing it. Maybe the radiator has a leak? Did you add coolant to the plastic overflow reservoir, and was it sucked out and into the radiator? Maybe your water pump or thermostat failed. In any event, the fans should be running whenever the A/C is on.

Moved to Executive (Camry) Forum :thumbsup:

Hard to say without seeing it. Maybe the radiator has a leak? Did you add coolant to the plastic overflow reservoir, and was it sucked out and into the radiator? Maybe your water pump or thermostat failed. In any event, the fans should be running whenever the A/C is on.

Thanks very much.

I did not checked whether the fans are running or not, when I turned on the AC. I observed that fans are not running when the Engine is on.

And I replaced my radiator 4 months ago. I added coolant to the plastic reservoir and it was sucked out by the radiator.

My biggest concern is why the car did not started at the end??

could also be a blown head gasket. is there any yellowish / mustard like gunk in the coolant reservoir?

• 1 year later...

Is oil part of the coolant system in your car? Yes! Oil not only lubricates, it removes massive amounts of heat from the combustion chamber when it is recycled down through the oil pan. You should regularly change your oil and oil filter. If you don't check your oil, overheating could result. Being only a half a quart low on oil can reduce the heat removal by 10 percent. That may not sound like a lot, but it is in the modern engine. Change your oil and make sure you maintain the correct level of oil in the engine as recommended by your manufacturer.

genuine volkswagen parts

• 1 month later...

Is oil part of the coolant system in your car? Yes! Oil not only lubricates, it removes massive amounts of heat from the combustion chamber when it is recycled down through the oil pan. You should regularly change your oil and oil filter. If you don't check your oil, overheating could result. Being only a half a quart low on oil can reduce the heat removal by 10 percent. That may not sound like a lot, but it is in the modern engine. Change your oil and make sure you maintain the correct level of oil in the engine as recommended by your manufacturer.

genuine volkswagen parts

Good point !

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links