Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plastic Clips On 4.3

bluevortex

Good morning all,

Has anybody else noticed that these plastic push clips Toyota use on the 4.3 are a bit rubbish? On the front underside of the car you have that plastic sump guard protector which has lost many clips and the ones that remain have come loose or just don't work?

During the 40k service I asked dealer to replace clips as the guard was hanging down on the right side of the car. This was okay for a while but I notice again it's hanging loose again. I put the car on ramps yesterday to inspect what's causing this and noticed Toyota had used tie wraps to hold it in place :(

The only option seems to be to replace the guard with a new one and whilst under the car I notice several other plastic trim protectors held on by these plastic clips which are a bit loose causing a rattle. I am concerned how these will fare in the winter with deep white stuff!!

Anybody else had concerns or issues with this? I think I'm going to need a new guard and think I'm going to have to pay dealer as I could see this being very awkward to fit myself. Bet it will be pricy though....

Blue

Kingo- will get that chassis number to you today!

Good morning all,

Has anybody else noticed that these plastic push clips Toyota use on the 4.3 are a bit rubbish? On the front underside of the car you have that plastic sump guard protector which has lost many clips and the ones that remain have come loose or just don't work?

During the 40k service I asked dealer to replace clips as the guard was hanging down on the right side of the car. This was okay for a while but I notice again it's hanging loose again. I put the car on ramps yesterday to inspect what's causing this and noticed Toyota had used tie wraps to hold it in place :(

The only option seems to be to replace the guard with a new one and whilst under the car I notice several other plastic trim protectors held on by these plastic clips which are a bit loose causing a rattle. I am concerned how these will fare in the winter with deep white stuff!!

Anybody else had concerns or issues with this? I think I'm going to need a new guard and think I'm going to have to pay dealer as I could see this being very awkward to fit myself. Bet it will be pricy though....

Blue

Kingo- will get that chassis number to you today!

I'm with you on that one Blue.

In my experience, most of the plastic parts are poor quality. Interior grey panels mark incredibly easily and much of the trim that has been removed during service or warranty work has resulted in clips/claws being damaged which leaves the trim loose.

Blue

If Toyota have used tie wraps they want their butt kicking. Is the shield OK? If so pm me your address and I'll send you some suitable clips.