Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing Oil/filter

twojacks

Both are reached from behind the plastic tray at the bottom of the car. Think you need an 8 or 10mm socket. More towards the drivers side.

I did this last week to my 2003 1.8 petrol Avensis. I got the filter and oil from Eurocarparts; about £3 for filter and £15 for 5W30 semi-synthetic oil. Raise your car and make sure it's safe to stick your head and body under the car; use axle stands or ramps. If the diesel is the same as the petrol there's a plastic undertray which you don't need to remove. There'll be two flaps towards the front of the tray which you'll need to open by unscrewing a nut on each. One gives you access directly under the filter and the other is further in front and will allow you to get a filter wrench on to the filter. The sump plug is towards the back of the tray and is not covered by a flap. I bought a sump plug washer for £1.03 online from a Toyota dealer. Took about an hour to do the job. Good luck.