Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Boot Maximiser

Costa Del Solway

Anybody received the free upgrade yet?

No, not holding my breath for an October delivery...

I got mine when I took delivery of my Auris [8 Sep 2010]. There was a bit of drama however as the boot liner of the car in the showroom was different to the one that came with my car but they ordered me the correct one at no extra cost as I needed the unobstructed space [see graphic from brochure], I see it is listed as an extra in the brochure ?? B)

Is this what you are both on about? :huh:

cheers TerryB

post-99219-040470600 1288001855_thumb.jp

I got mine when I took delivery of my Auris [8 Sep 2010]. There was a bit of drama however as the boot liner of the car in the showroom was different to the one that came with my car but they ordered me the correct one at no extra cost as I needed the unobstructed space [see graphic from brochure], I see it is listed as an extra in the brochure ?? B)

Is this what you are both on about? :huh:

cheers TerryB

Yep, that's the one.

Still waiting for mine also. I'm hoping it is just a drop-in piece so I can fit it myself, I don't fancy spending too much time around my dealership after my customer satifaction questionnaire was handed in.

Still waiting for mine also. I'm hoping it is just a drop-in piece so I can fit it myself, I don't fancy spending too much time around my dealership after my customer satifaction questionnaire was handed in.

YUP! It's just a lift out and drop in job, no spanners required and you could do it yourself, BUT they wanted the original tray back from me in exchange so a quick visit is unavoidable if you are getting it free I would think. :drool:

I got my Prius in May 2010 and it seems that i have had the boot optimiser since then as that is how mine is configured. Didi not know there was an alternative.

I got my Prius in May 2010 and it seems that i have had the boot optimiser since then as that is how mine is configured.

The boot maximiser is for the Hybrid Auris.

I thought I wanted one but not sure now. The original divider can hold a variety if 'bits' that don't slide around. A case can rest on top of the lift up flap I expect. In short I wonder what the advantages of the maximiser are?

I thought I wanted one but not sure now. The original divider can hold a variety if 'bits' that don't slide around. A case can rest on top of the lift up flap I expect. In short I wonder what the advantages of the maximiser are?

In my case my wife has a mobility scooter which fitted OK in my Corolla boot but not in the smaller divided insert Auris one, however it fits OK in the undivided one as the ribs are absent, so it suits me fine, and anyone who has to pack large articles in their boot I imagine. :rolleyes:

As the current boot insert just lifts out, if they want the other one back then I may just keep the existing one as it does stop things moving about. For the few occassions when I do need the extra space for cases etc. then why not just remove the current configuration which lowers the boot and has the same purpose. Not so pretty, but who looks in the boot :thumbsup:

Just phoned to chase on my free Boot Maximiser, and apparently its come in today (what are the chances?). Apparently there are 3 parts to it including a polystyrene bit that goes underneath. They said I can take the kit away and fit myself or they can do it. Seems I can keep my current compartment version.

I'll try and collect it over the next week.

Apparently there are 3 parts to it including a polystyrene bit that goes underneath. They said I can take the kit away and fit myself or they can do it. Seems I can keep my current compartment version.

I'll try and collect it over the next week.

Very Interesting - I only got one bit [the plastic ribbed liner]. :(

However I already have a polystyrene spacer [don't you?], this sits on top of the spare wheel to fill in the gap up to the liner bottom and give it some support [whichever type].

I assumed this is removed when you had a puncture as the original road wheel would be much thicker than the 'space saver' spare.

But there doesn't appear to be any instructions on this in the Handbook, but it's left to common sense I assume. :unsure:

Anyway I'm dying to know what the third bit is - please do tell us all when you take delivery.

Cheers TerryB

• 2 weeks later...

Collected it yesterday. The 3rd bit was just the carpet to fit in the bottom of the new tray. It was packaged in its own plastic wrapper. I haven't fitted the BM yet, will probably do it after the Grand Prix final.

The only hard bit is getting the tools in the right place, so that it sits down completely.

You do need the new spacer, cos it houses the tools.

Just 2 days till the holiday to try it out :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links