Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oooops Spent A Bit Too Much In Berlin

chatman

Had a week of conferencing & training in Berlin all last week....and whilst I was left in charge of the company credit card... I may have spent a bit too much....:unsure: :unsure:

I had been drinking a lot of these.....

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

Then see this.....:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0505.jpg

So thought I'll have that... then see this for the wife.....:!Removed!: :!Removed!:

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

Lovely place Berlin and almost every building is lit up like a Christmas tree at night...

This where everyone was when the wall came down.....

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

Now all I have to do is exlplain to the MD, what the invoices and receipts are for.....:ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

Which would drink more, chatman, you or the cars (with a pressie like that for the wife I bet she would forgive you for the Veyron)

Went to Berlin as part of a political delegation many years ago - and just loved West Berlin! Hoping to go back soon to have a look around...although happy enuf with my 2 RAVs! I'm too big to fit in either the Bentley or Veyron so no real attraction there :lol: And the wife doesn't drive (cars).

Went to Berlin as part of a political delegation many years ago - and just loved West Berlin! Hoping to go back soon to have a look around...although happy enuf with my 2 RAVs! I'm too big to fit in either the Bentley or Veyron so no real attraction there :lol: And the wife doesn't drive (cars).

Bothy,

how about shoehorning the Vyron engine into the RAV? Suspect the wheels would still be spinning at the end of the standing start 1/4 :yahoo:

My FD was there over the weekend chatters, you having a secret rendezvous at the beer fest with him? :lol:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Fancy Motor Chatters :thumbsup:, but hang on a minute, let's do some flawed maths :yes:

So, the Veyron has a top speed of about 400km/h (ish) - not bothered about the new improved one.

It has a 100 litre fuel capacity and at full whack consumes it at 5.3 litres/min. You won't be able to use all that 100 litres (say 90 max).

Range about 90/5.3/60*400 = 113km then, between re-fueling, done in about 17 minutes. You won't have instant accel or decel so say about 108 km covered in 17 minutes.

Ah, but you'll need to re-fuel. That's probably gonna take say 6 minutes minimum to fuel-up and pay. So we are down to an average speed of about 282km/h.

Then of course you are almost certainly going to get a ticket (assuming they can catch you and they don't want to ban you straight away). Lets assume the nice policeman is very efficient and that takes another 15 minutes. You are now down to an average speed of about 170km/h or about 106mph. I bet your RAV could do that? :yes:

....and if you drive the thing for any real distance, you are almost certainly going to get banned from repeated tickets. Then you are on your bike and although I've no doubt your pedalling skills are top rate :thumbsup:, your average speed is going to drop dramatically.

So, on that bombshell, there we have it. Dieselly 5 door RAV (© Bothwell Buyer) is on average faster than a Veyron and has vastly superior range. :rolleyes: :P

SHCH.... all that math just amazes me... All I see is fast car I want and fast car I want :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

I was only going to only use it to drive down to the bike shed and back....It would have been a right bugger fitting the tow bar cycle carryer as well....Oh well.... have to make do with a new bike instead :rolleyes: ;) ;) B)

Yeah, you're right. that moving spoiler thingy it has would play havoc with the bike rack. Oh well never mind. :rolleyes:

:g: You know when you see bikes attached to cars and at speed the bike wheels are going round as well? If the bike was attached to a Veyron, I wonder how fast the bike wheels would go round? :unsure:

I wonder how much the bike rack would cripple the top speed?

Answers on a Veyron Super Sport to Chatman @ Chatters Hall somewhere in the South East.................

Bothy,

how about shoehorning the Vyron engine into the RAV? Suspect the wheels would still be spinning at the end of the standing start 1/4 :yahoo:

Could be done but I'd need to shift the drivers seat to the back. Thanks for tip - will keep an eye out on eBay for a wrecked Veyron with engine intact... :lol:

Bothy,

Could be done but I'd need to shift the drivers seat to the back. Thanks for tip - will keep an eye out on eBay for a wrecked Veyron with engine intact... :lol:

Ever since I saw your RAV I have been thinking about those ( original? ) minis that BL built with a 2.6L Rover engine in the back seat. Mind you, I'm not sure that I would like to be between an engine of that weight ( Rover or Vyron ) and whatever got in it's way :fear:

Bothy,

Ever since I saw your RAV I have been thinking about those ( original? ) minis that BL built with a 2.6L Rover engine in the back seat. Mind you, I'm not sure that I would like to be between an engine of that weight ( Rover or Vyron ) and whatever got in it's way :fear:

Young Denis who built my RAVs has a similar engined mini with a custom designed front chassis so the engine hangs up front. Not sure which engine but damn fast on the dtrip and that was before his latest upgrade.

Bothy,

Young Denis who built my RAVs has a similar engined mini with a custom designed front chassis so the engine hangs up front. Not sure which engine but damn fast on the dtrip and that was before his latest upgrade.

Mmmmmmmmmmm! - must make the trip to Crail before my daughter moves to Abingdon/Didcot :yes: