Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Season Tyre

DangerMouse

Just had my 4yr service and the tyres are down to 3mm - not been feeling great in wet weather for the last few weeks, So based on last winter i thought id research tyres. Seems UK cars tend to use Summer tyres as standard, where as in countries with cold, icy winters they fit all season tyres. Anyone recommend an all season tyre (not a winter tyre - don't want to swap tyres at end of Feb).

Hiya

Living in South Essex I've never worried about changing tyres on any of the cars I've owned over the many years of motoring... The standard (or in some cases replacement) tyres have been plenty good enough, if the weather is that bad you simply take more care....

Hi

I found the standard Continental eco3's to be as good as cheese in all weathers tbh!

Since they had worn I had always gone for the Toyo's (can't remember which model) but they were much nicer in all weathers :)

But as Jan&Tone say... take care :thumbsup:

James

Where I live is quite hilly, and setting off for work early morning with next to no traffic to channel out the snow proved hard work last year. Don't get me wrong the Aygo was so much better than loads of other cars on the road in snowy conditions but I did struggle for grip at times.

I find the thin tyres are a complete mare in the snow and the lack of weight doesn't help with downforce. Luckly in Essex we dont get much snow.....

Why not do what I did? Rotated the 5 Continentals and go to 48K.

Then last winter woke up to huge dump of snow, so got a spare rim from a breaker and now have 6 rims.

http://www.daautoparts.co.uk/parts_vehicle/CITROEN/2106643?parts=true#parts_area

Fitted 4 Michelin Energies for summer and 2 Nokian WR G2 to put on the front for winter (Tried to get Michelin Alpins, but they were all I could get at the time).

Excellent in Scotland's slush and snow. Visited the folks a few times when they had > 12" of snow.

Final tip, Carry a lighweight aluminium shovel for when the snow is packing up at the front.

Dunlop SP Sport MAXX have a good winter/summer performance and are not too expensive. They typically last me about 2-3 years which is pretty good but Eagle F1 tyres only lasted 12 months.

There's an 8 page winter tyre test in this weeks Auto Express. I found my car to be great in the snow earlier this year but I'm tempted to buy some winter rubber for the fronts. On a dry road below 3 deg C summer tyres take 6 meters longer to stop than normal!

I haven't been too impressed with the standard conti's and have been thinking of changing to something else such as michelins or toyos as michelin seem to last for ages and toyo grip well............... anyone had anything else on the aygo other than the contis and what was good/ bad about them? cheers