Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brand New Rav4 Pulling To The Left

Jinwang

Hi Everyone:

I just got my new Rav4 SR AWD 2.2D-CAT Automatic on 1st Oct. But at once I found a problem that the car keep pulling to the left. I went to local service and they gave the car a four wheel alignment last week. They said that the road in UK slant to the left and 18'' wheel will cause this problem sometime. But I still felt this problem. And it even became more serious after the alignment. I drove to London last weekend. I found the pulling became very strong when the speed is more than 60 mph and I need to hold the steering hardly. Just wonder if someone has the same problem? I felt very boring about this and the dealer just fob me off with ridiculous reasons such as" your wheel is bigger that normal, the road design made this".

Does anyone have a suggestion on this.

Thanks a lot.

Welcome to the club.

Don't waste time with this. You have given them reasonable chance to fix it so now go back to the dealer and reject the car. Each day that passes is reducing your chance of being successful so act quickly.

Your new RAV should not pull at all on anything other than a severe camber or uneven surface.

Welcome to the club.

Don't waste time with this. You have given them reasonable chance to fix it so now go back to the dealer and reject the car. Each day that passes is reducing your chance of being successful so act quickly.

Your new RAV should not pull at all on anything other than a severe camber or uneven surface.

Both my RAVs are running 18" wheels, and one has low profile tyres too - the camber makes no difference whatsoever. Warn the garage you will go to Trading Standards unless they make you happy!

Welcome to the club.

Click on reply and start typing after the last quote or just type directly into the fast reply pane at the bottom of the page.

Hi Everyone:

I just got my new Rav4 SR AWD 2.2D-CAT Automatic on 1st Oct. But at once I found a problem that the car keep pulling to the left. I went to local service and they gave the car a four wheel alignment last week. They said that the road in UK slant to the left and 18'' wheel will cause this problem sometime. But I still felt this problem. And it even became more serious after the alignment. I drove to London last weekend. I found the pulling became very strong when the speed is more than 60 mph and I need to hold the steering hardly. Just wonder if someone has the same problem? I felt very boring about this and the dealer just fob me off with ridiculous reasons such as" your wheel is bigger that normal, the road design made this".

Thanks a lot.

They are taking the micky. As they don't deny the car is pulling, then as Anchorman says, they have had the opportunity to correct it and have not done so, so take it back straightaway and reject it. The T180 RAV4s have 18" wheels, and mine runs fine without any pulling.

Hi Everyone:

Thanks a lot.

hi mate

the problem might be that their equpment has an internal PC errors (!!!) -- but they do this job correctly showing you a results chart. For sure - you can not contradict cos they have shown this chart to you. As Anchoorman said -- RUN towards of this company and CLAIM + ask their repair manager to drive it with you as passenger -- this will help. I have had the same problem owned avensis in the past. Follow my advise and revert with result.

Good luck/Igor

Hi Guys,.thank a lot for all your suggestions. I have booked an appt on next Monday in Toyota Bromsgrove to get an detailed inspection. It is very boring to book appt as I need to wait a week for a courtesy car. I will see what whey will say then.

Take a look at your tyres before taking it in. The severity of the pulling could seriously wear your tyres. If there is obvious uneven wearing get the problem fixed and ask for new tyres. If my Rav 4 knowledge serves me correctly you'll have run flats which ain't cheap.

Keep us posted with developments.

I am Scottish.....that means I easily get annoyed and angry and won't tolerate fools gladly, so.....

I am absolutely enraged on Jinwang's behalf.....this is a bloomin' brand spanking new vehicle, with which he has a serious problem, and he is told that his 18" wheels are probably to blame ? !!!!!!!

Similar to Webbles, I would even solicit a tyre expert's report on the tyres prior to the appointment at Toyota to make sure no "edge scrubbing" has ocurred....and having to wait for a courtesy car ?.....get the bloomin' Service Manager's company car off him and make him walk !!!!

Mr. Jinwang....please accept the apologies of a fellow club member for the cras stupidity of some idiot at your garage....you deserve much better having spent that amount of money.

Rant over....off to take ma beta blocker now.....

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Now then Big_Kev, go and have a large Scottish wine and a lie down, you know this ranting is not good for you :lol:

I think Jinwang that you need to be having the "Firm but polite" conversation with the sales manager and or service manager. If you get no joy with that, then make an appointment with the Dealer Principle. There are ocassions where a loan car might not be available right away but there is no excuse why you cannot book one and tell them you do not want your BRAND NEW car back until the problem is fixed. Somebody in authority needs to be made aware of what the problem is and have this problem investigated for you. Put everything you have done so far (dates/times etc) into a letter and send it recorded delivery to the Dealer Principle, I'm sure that will put the ball in motion, give them a clear timescale in which you want the repairs completed by (say 4 weeks) and that you will seek further advice if it is not completed in that time. Firm but polite is the way forward, avoid making any threats, people dig their heels in when threatened

Kingo :thumbsup: