Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing The Speedo Dials Help

aygojc

Hi there my speedo stopped working properly spoke to the garage they tested it said it was fault with the electrics on the dial n I need to replace the clocks. so i got a new speedo from scrappy need a guide to fit if poss?? does anyone know of any guides on the internet??

Also will the new speedo have the correct milage? or what? Is the milage stored in the cars ECU??

thanks

AFAIK the mileage is stored in the actual speedo-unit itsself.

And you have to get an EXACT SAME model speedo, as

they differ quite a lot between the different trim-specs...

Didn't they tell you what exactly was wrong?

What didn't work anymore? the neelde, the display? Boths?

its ok i got speedo off exact same car. thanks for the info. its just the needle that stopped working the car is 4 yrs old so the warranty is up now..! does anyone know how to replace the dials? i dont really want to mess it up and then be stuck with no dials at all. thanks

I've dismantled quite a few speedo's the past year when replacing the illumination for other color LEDs,

but could you clarify what you want to replace when you say "dials"? The entire unit of just the needle-actuator?

Hi thanks for the reply. I need to replace the entire thing - with the speedo, fuel gage etc. in

Do you have a guide or any tips onhow to do this?

Hi thanks for the reply. I need to replace the entire thing - with the speedo, fuel gage etc. in

Do you have a guide or any tips onhow to do this?

I may be totally wrong (apoligies if i am) but i always thought if you replace the speedometer you need to have the replacement speedo paired up to the ecu, there is a guy selling a speedo on eBay and he is also selling the ecu ...worth finding out from toyota before you try to change it (found the link look below)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CITROEN-C1-MK2-TOYOTA-AYGO-MK2-ECU-KIT-SPEEDO-/300439869714?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f39c9912

I don't know about the pairing up of the speedo to the ECU, but repacing the cluster is simple:

- disconnect your battery: you'll be working with some of the main power distribution, so a shortcircuit is easily made!

- remove the cowling around the speedo by undoing the two scres behind the steering wheel, then popping apart the covers.

- undo the botls on either side of the speedo (10mm socket)

- slide the speedo upwards off of its' posts.

- undo all plugs, none are the same, so you don;t have to mark them.

- take out old speedo, put in new one in reverse order.

If I were you I'd plug in the replacement, set it on the posts and connect the Battery before I went any further with buttoning it up.

Now test the damn thing, so you know if everything works, THEN close the dash back up again.

• 10 months later...

Hi Jan,

Could you post a quick guide of how to change the Speedo illumination colour please ?

Thanks Nick.

I'm on my phone, so can't do a search, but if you do one youself you'll find a translation I did from a Danish website.

Bear in mind: this is NOT a simple task you can do in a couple of minutes, expecially without experience...