Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed

chris321

i have 1997 toyota celica and the engine management light has come on and the engine has started reving up and down

when the car is standing still and just ticking over does anyone have any idea what this could be cheers

Hi chris it is possibly your egr valve or air flow meter or possibly the lambda sensor which is giving you trouble you can clean out agr with carb cleaner as for airflow meter you will have to buy a new one or a used one. the oxygen sensor can be checked with anyone who has obd software most local garages can do this they will also be able to check airflow meter at a cost of about £30 to £40

i have 1997 toyota celica and the engine management light has come on and the engine has started reving up and down

when the car is standing still and just ticking over does anyone have any idea what this could be cheers

hi mate

check with: MAF sensor and clean throttle and check with all sparks. the problem must be there.

cheers/Igor

Firstly check for any leaks in the inlet system and also the engine coolant temp sensor electrical connections are clean and sound.:)

a fault code scan may show up whats wrong. do it yourself its easy enough .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JOIN TE1 AND E1 IN THE DIAGNOSTICS PORT NEAR THE Battery , THEN SIT IN THE CAR AND COUNT THE DASH LIGHT FLASHES --- SPACE - = 31 ---- SPACE ---- = 44, CODES REPEAT

May sound silly, but i had similar thing a while back and it was the alternator so the engine was fluctuating up/down ..

May sound silly, but i had similar thing a while back and it was the alternator so the engine was fluctuating up/down ..

the problem is we have not got any feedback from the author.

the subject outcome has many reasons and we hahve no idea what we can start from !!!

cheers/Igor

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links