Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 1.4 D4D Hesitating During Acceleration

BlackRs

Guyz, I would appreciate some help since I received no feedback in my last plea for help... Practically the situation is happening whenever the engine is cold and occasionally happens even when the engine is warmed up... EGR? nope I've cleaned it...could it be the diesel filter ? (even though no check light is on)?

Guyz, I would appreciate some help since I received no feedback in my last plea for help... Practically the situation is happening whenever the engine is cold and occasionally happens even when the engine is warmed up... EGR? nope I've cleaned it...could it be the diesel filter ? (even though no check light is on)?

hello BLACKRS

you'd think in complex (EGR; fuel fillter; injectors; air filter; air in the fuel injection system)--the problem must be there.

cheers/Igor

hello BLACKRS

you'd think in complex (EGR; fuel fillter; injectors; air filter; air in the fuel injection system)--the problem must be there.

cheers/Igor

But why does it happen when cold?

first and foremost what fuel do you use? put some forte diesel system cleaner in and see how you get on with that.

first and foremost what fuel do you use? put some forte diesel system cleaner in and see how you get on with that.

Here in Malta we have no option mate..it's the low sulphur 15ppm, so much for customer's ample choice! Anyways I've put a Slick 50 Injector Cleaner a couple of months ago ..but now it's getting more irritating as the weather;s getting colder...

hello BLACKRS

cheers/Igor

But why does it happen when cold?

- poor injection;

- air in the injection system/pump/filter;

- partly blocked filter.

check and revert

cheers

are you doing mostly town driving or you driving on/at motorway speeds too? the egr gets filled with black soot and i think that's causing your problems. i've read a few posts where people say after cleaning the egr valve by removing it the car seems to accelerate better. try using forte, i don't know how good/bad the slick 50 stuff is i can definately vouch for forte since i use it in my own car. mine is the 2.0d4d.

and with the fuel i meant do you use Shell fuel, or BP or some other 'brand'? Try stick to Shell fuel try some v-power diesel if you can get it over in Malta.

mine can be sluggish when cold, i just put it down to lag and a cold engine.....

when did you last change your fuel filter ?

are you doing mostly town driving or you driving on/at motorway speeds too? the egr gets filled with black soot and i think that's causing your problems. i've read a few posts where people say after cleaning the egr valve by removing it the car seems to accelerate better. try using forte, i don't know how good/bad the slick 50 stuff is i can definately vouch for forte since i use it in my own car. mine is the 2.0d4d.

and with the fuel i meant do you use Shell fuel, or BP or some other 'brand'? Try stick to Shell fuel try some v-power diesel if you can get it over in Malta.

its mostly town driving since we've got no motorways here..I've cleaned the egr twice in the last year, infact I had posted my first try with pics to serve as a how to for others..anyway it did resolve the 2800 slug moment but after 6 months it comes back...this time i don't know whether its the egr again or the fuel filter..which I didn't replace for the last 2yrs..Anyways how shall I do taht?

mine can be sluggish when cold, i just put it down to lag and a cold engine.....

More than 2 yrs ago for sure since I've never changed it and I think it was replaced by the previous owner.. however I would like to change that..any how tos?

More than 2 yrs ago for sure since I've never changed it and I think it was replaced by the previous owner.. however I would like to change that..any how tos?

Ok, so yesterday I just replaced the Diesel Filter ( it was quite intuitive) and this time I cleaned the EGR once again and went a little bit far ie cleaned the throttle body and all the passageways into to block. It already started feeling more responsive and mpg started climbing again.. Hey this EGR is getting more demanding by the day. Even though I could feel a huge difference in the performance, I also felt the engine would leave me when flooring when cold which I might put it down to ecu mapping as a safe mechanism..

flooring the throttle you mean? no no this is very bad when the engine is cold, especially on a diesel engine. always wait until the engine is at bare minimum semi-warm before giving it some. personally until the needle is halfway warm i don't go over around 2000rpm keep acceleration nice and gentle.

Ok, so yesterday I just replaced the Diesel Filter ( it was quite intuitive) and this time I cleaned the EGR once again and went a little bit far ie cleaned the throttle body and all the passageways into to block. It already started feeling more responsive and mpg started climbing again.. Hey this EGR is getting more demanding by the day. Even though I could feel a huge difference in the performance, I also felt the engine would leave me when flooring when cold which I might put it down to ecu mapping as a safe mechanism..

good to see you got sorted, well as said above never drive above 2k rpm on a cold engine but to try and keep the egr from blocking try and give it a blow out every few weeks......on a quiet motorway....if you know what i mean, :thumbsup:

good to see you got sorted, well as said above never drive above 2k rpm on a cold engine but to try and keep the egr from blocking try and give it a blow out every few weeks......on a quiet motorway....if you know what i mean, :thumbsup:

When flooring, I never really meant to hammer it but just push it a bit after heating up the engine... one can't imagine the difference it makes by scooping out all that sooth of her nostrils..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links