Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Impulse Buy Brings Me Here!

Daveyonthemove

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Today i have signed the deal on an 08 plate Auris SR180 with 15,500 on the clock in red.

My current car (Ford Mondeo ST TDCI) has been nothing but hassle for me and i was planning on getting rid of it in the new year, but a trip to my local Peugeot to see a friend who works there resulted in me seeing the Auris and having a look around it.

After a good test drive and a close look around it, i decided i wanted it and did the deal.

Now i have to wait for the private plate transfer and the usual dealership paperwork to be done and i should be the proud owner of a very nice Auris.

I will be searching the forum to find any common problems, but if anyone knows of any i should bring to the attention of my dealer before its collected i'd be grateful of the head start.

Thanks in advance of any help and pointers,

Dave

Thanks for the welcome.

I've had a good look around the forum and there are a lot of nice cars and useful info on here, so i know i've come to the right place.

So far, the only common issue i can find relating to my model is a blocked EGR valve, which my current car also suffers with, so i have become well practised in cleaning it out DIY style, so thats not really a concern.

Looking forward to a collection date now so i can book it in for a detail and get it looking its best.

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Today i have signed the deal on an 08 plate Auris SR180 with 15,500 on the clock in red.

My current car (Ford Mondeo ST TDCI) has been nothing but hassle for me and i was planning on getting rid of it in the new year, but a trip to my local Peugeot to see a friend who works there resulted in me seeing the Auris and having a look around it.

Hello Davyonthemove, I`ve seen that name on another forum somewhere, `Diesel Drivers` ?

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Hello Davyonthemove, I`ve seen that name on another forum somewhere, `Diesel Drivers` ?

Thats right mate, one and the same!

Hi mate and WTTC.

i had an SR180 before my avensis (lease car gets changed every year and the SR180 is no longer available :( )

brilliant car, pretty nippy and quite economical IMO. i managed an average of around 40mpg and i dont drive like miss daisy.

if consumption goes up then the EGR is most likely in need of a clean.

i have heard reports of head gaskets going at around 50,000 but i cant confirm. has something to do with the coolant IIRC.

be warned that the rear privacy glass is just tinting film and if you break it your better taking it to a dealers to be fixed as auto glass ETC cant get it and it means two claims on your insurance (although the face lift auris now has proper privacy glass so may not be an issue now

Hi mate and WTTC.

i had an SR180 before my avensis (lease car gets changed every year and the SR180 is no longer available :( )

brilliant car, pretty nippy and quite economical IMO. i managed an average of around 40mpg and i dont drive like miss daisy.

if consumption goes up then the EGR is most likely in need of a clean.

i have heard reports of head gaskets going at around 50,000 but i cant confirm. has something to do with the coolant IIRC.

be warned that the rear privacy glass is just tinting film and if you break it your better taking it to a dealers to be fixed as auto glass ETC cant get it and it means two claims on your insurance (although the face lift auris now has proper privacy glass so may not be an issue now

Thanks Dawesy,

I wasn't aware of the head gasket issue, i'll be sure to keep an eye on that!

The tip about the tinted glass is very useful and i'll bear it mind should i ever be unlucky enough to need replacement glass.

Its always good to hear positive feedback about a car your buying, so i appreciate the feedback.

I hardly drive the car during the week and use it for weekend drive home covering 150 miles each way, and a hundred or so over the weekend, so it should get decent long runs and keep MPG at a reasonable level as town driving will be minimum.

Am i right in thinking that these engines have a DPF? If so, are there any known issues with them?

Thanks again

Dave

Thankyou jw67, i'm looking forward to taking delivery and driving it.

If all goes to plan, delivery should be the 12th Nov. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links