Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Installing Interior Lights

Mattywhen

I've recently bought a 2010 Toyota Corolla S and I love everything about it except the interior lighting. I want to replace the lights in the dome and overhead with LED lights and install LED lights in the foot wells. I've looked at countless forums trying to find an answer, but none are specific to my situation. I'm a beginner with all of this so please dumb it down if at all possible.

First question: Can I safely replace the dome and overhead lights with LEDs or can that potential burn out a wire? Any suggestions for bulbs?

Second Question: I've read a lot of different things on this and sorry if this gets long and intricate. I understand that it's best to run a separate 12v wire from the Battery so i don't burn out any existing wires. I'm also going to insert a fuse into this wire that's placed close to the Battery. The problem that I'm running into is installing a switch that is similar to my dome light switch, i.e will run with the doors open, on switch, off switch, and also turn on and off with the rest of my lights when I use my key less entry. Can i tap into the existing ground wires in my dome light for this without damaging anything. I'm also planning on installing 4 lights, one for the driver, passenger, and 1 under each seat for the back seat. Do I NEED a light distribution control panel or can I just run all 4 light off of the 1 12v wire and 1 switch all spliced together?

If I receive a enough help that I feel confident to proceed without messing anything up, I'll document each step for future reference.

Any suggestions will really help, Thank you.

I have installed led's under my doors am in my foot wells and it is pretty easy.

But im at atm so when i get home i shall help you out, as i find it hard to write essays on my phone lol.

Btw what colour are you going for?

Matt

I've actually just found a solution for a 2009 corolla, after hours of searching. The forum suggests running a wire from the positive and negative terminal directly from the dorm unit switch. Basically making contact with the plates that are touching each side of the bulb. Which will reduce the need to tap into each individual ground. I wish I knew that before studying the wiring diagram, haha. It solves my problem with powering it and having it run with all of my other interior light functions as well. The only thing that still bothers me is the chance of burning out an existing wire. Do you think that's possible? I'll be adding an inline fuse in the 18 gauge wire I'm using just to be safe.

I'm going with a nice clean white.

I was thinking about adding some under my doors, do you like?