Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hsd Posts

Terry953

Despite past attempts to suggest segregation of the Prirus posts from Auris posts [which produced lots of ill informed comment] I still find that 95% of the gripes/comments come from Prius owners and a feel that a compromise can be attained by Auris owners posts being 'subtitled' as such.

The Auris is obviously more advanced than the so called 'Prius Gen 2' so much of their comments are superfluous to the Auris.

There are going to be lots more Auris owners in the future, so now's the time to segregate before this excellent forum becomes a sad mess and loses credibility.

I pretty much agree with Terry, if I read a post then see it is the Prius I am no longer interested, OK they are both Hybrid, but the Auris being a new car on the market I would rather read posts specific to the car I own.

Own - Hmmm but still in the garage - 2 weeks now to repair a scrape on the cill and rear door, the latest story is that they are waiting on a rear inside door handle, and the front door electric window switch. So they obviously broke them stripping down the car.

Perhaps a poll?

Then if there is enough support, a request can be made to the board admins.

Surely some of the Prius items would be specific to Hybrids, and therefore of interest to Auris HSD owners, and vice-versa??

I know that I certainly read the Auris posts....

Surely some of the Prius items would be specific to Hybrids, and therefore of interest to Auris HSD owners, and vice-versa??

I know that I certainly read the Auris posts....

...and I, as a soon-to-be Auris owner, read all the Prius posts.

From Terry953 - Regarding Auris only forum.

As my previous suggestion for an Auris forum was nor a popular one, all I am now suggesting as a comprimise is that post contributors mention the name of their vehicle in the title or sub title so that it’s content is defined.

I am not trying to dictate who reads what, but I am sure there are others like me that are only interested in their particular model so we can the make a choice.

From Terry953 - Regarding Auris only forum.

As my previous suggestion for an Auris forum was nor a popular one, all I am now suggesting as a comprimise is that post contributors mention the name of their vehicle in the title or sub title so that it’s content is defined.

I am not trying to dictate who reads what, but I am sure there are others like me that are only interested in their particular model so we can the make a choice.

Just look at the left hand panel under "Car Model:", if that's what you really want. However, given that both cars share the same drive train, and at present there are more Prius around, you stand a greater than 50:50 chance of missing relevant posts.

I'm sure Hattie Harperson will get you for it though B)

Perhaps some sort of filter on the posts could be done, so you could set which posts you wanted to have displayed?

Personally I'd go for general discussions, prius/hybrid and Aygo. If the HSD Auris had it's own forum, I'd add that too...

Does that make any sense?

Despite past attempts to suggest segregation of the Prirus posts from Auris posts [which produced lots of ill informed comment] I still find that 95% of the gripes/comments come from Prius owners and a feel that a compromise can be attained by Auris owners posts being 'subtitled' as such.

The Auris is obviously more advanced than the so called 'Prius Gen 2' so much of their comments are superfluous to the Auris.

There are going to be lots more Auris owners in the future, so now's the time to segregate before this excellent forum becomes a sad mess and loses credibility.

I agree there's a potential problem but I think you might have understated it. The issue at the moment is, the Prius is unique (I just know I should not have typed that!) and the Auris is not. Most Toyota cars fit in a comfortable box that can be labelled and a forum created for it eg Yaris, Auris, RAV4 etc. with discussions about the car etc including engine be it petrol or diesel - Then comes along HSD.

The Prius, like other cars, got its own forum covering the car itself plus HSD. The Auris, as a car, can be discussed in its Auris forum but when HSD is involved the true knowledge and help can be found here in the Prius/Hybrid forum.

So OK, we can cope now, posting HSD questions here and Auris (the car) questions in the Auris forum. But here's the problem. What are we going to do when the Yaris HSD comes along? It, along with every other HSD coming along in the next few years, will be discussed in the same forum - valid for some threads but not for others. Owners will be faced with posting questions here or there...

No, I don't have a simple solution but I can see the problem getting worse.

That makes a lot of sense.

I would guess each model could stick to its own forum (Auris, Yaris, etc) and being a hybrid is handled in the same way as it is for a petrol or diesel engine, manual or automatic gearbox, etc.

At the end of the day the hybrid Auris is more of an Auris than a Prius so maybe the Hybrid forum should be renamed the Prius forum?

At the end of the day the hybrid Auris is more of an Auris than a Prius so maybe the Hybrid forum should be renamed the Prius forum?

Really? I would think that the drivetrain of the Auris HSD defines the car way more than simply the body shape, thus making it closer related to the Prius than a "standard" Auris.

That makes a lot of sense.

I would guess each model could stick to its own forum (Auris, Yaris, etc) and being a hybrid is handled in the same way as it is for a petrol or diesel engine, manual or automatic gearbox, etc.

How about a forum for each car model eg Yaris, RAV4, Auris including Prius to discuss general car issues; and a Hybrid forum to discuss HSD issues irrespective of car model involved? I guess it boils down to stripping apart the Hybrid/Prius forum into Hybrid and Prius...

As the Auris has the same drive train as the Prius, and many posts refer to mechanical/electrical issues I see no point in seperating them. Apart from that, the more the merrier imo :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Just to add a little more confusion to the matter, Toyota are planning to offer their entire range of cars with an option of a Hybrid drive train by the end of 2013. So there will not just be Auris Hybrids to deal with but, iQ, Aygo, Yaris, Verso, Avensis, etc.

Therefore I think a Prius/generic HSD forum needs us to identify the model in the subject line or subtitle of the posts as Terry suggests.