Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can Dealer Provide Warranty/recall History?

Daveyonthemove

Hi guys,

I'm hoping to take delivery of my Auris in a couple of weeks, but before i do i'd like to see if there is any way of finding out if the car has had any warranty work done in the past, or if it was subject to any of the recalls that affected many Toyota's recently.

I don't have the chassis number yet, but i do have the registration. Would a dealer be able to tell me what i need to know if i was to call and give them the registration details?

Also, i have no idea if the car has any optional extras fitted, so if this info was available to it would be nice to know.

Thanks in advance for any help on this,

Dave

Hi

I have done this before, the dealer couldnt give too much info out due to data protection, however he could tell me what things were done to the car, but not costs or when.

Thanks for the reply.

Costs or times wouldn't be much of an issue to me as the car is under 3 years old, so i imagine it would be a free warranty job for most things, and with in the last 2 and half years.

If they can give out a list of jobs that have been done then that is good enough for me :thumbsup:

Yes any dealer can look up the Toyota service history (providing it was done at a dealer) which obviously warranty work would be, but as Steve says is covered by data protection so you wont get a printout of it. You could ask what was done and at what mileage though

Kingo :thumbsup:

Yes any dealer can look up the Toyota service history (providing it was done at a dealer) which obviously warranty work would be, but as Steve says is covered by data protection so you wont get a printout of it. You could ask what was done and at what mileage though

Kingo :thumbsup:

Excellent,

I'll probably do that if i come across for a chat with you as discussed in PM's.

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links