Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2D Sr After 40K Miles

HoneyBear1980

Just had the 4th service completed on my Verso which has done 40k miles.

Things that have gone wrong / extra costs

Brake hubs on the rear went a bit rusty, purely cosmetic problem. Toyota painted them black under warranty and problem has not resurfaced.

Noticed groves on front brake disks, again Toyota replaced under warranty, no issues since.

Front tyres lasted just over 30k miles - replaced with Michelin Energy Tyres. Now has much better grip and less road noise than before with the Dunlops.

Paint (silver) has had to be touched up and generally doesn't look good. Its too thin (one silver coat, one white base coat then metal!) and even small stone chips take big chunks of paint off the car. Pressing your finger firmly against the paint can even leave a permanent mark! Probably good for the environment but as durable as soft cheese.

A piece of plastic has dislodged itself from one of the rear chair runners and even when put back and clicked into place it invariably ends up in the rear footwell the next time I check.

Has used 1/2 litre of oil between 20k & 30k miles which I had to top up.

Things that I still like

Good economy. I don't hang about but the lowest mpg has been 50, the best 60 and average is 55. The trip computer is always about 10% over optimistic on mpg and 10% pesimistic on remaining fuel range.

Good performance, always feels muscular but when really pressed not actually that quick (Old shape Ford Ka will keep up with it through the gears).

Things that P*** me off

Floor under drivers left foot is not flat (slight bump in floor). Only really an issue when doing more than 100 mile trip on motorway but can be very uncomfortable on left foot creating pressure on left heel.

Rainwater on car all dribbles onto back seats when you open the rear doors. Never had this on a car before and doesn't happen on fronts - design flaw?

Right indicator self cancels too early. Have to apply twice when going around a roundabout - did they even test this thing before full production?

Summary

Overall good car - not seen anything better including bloated, ugly & underpowered new Verso.

Wouldn't buy another as I plan to run this one until at least 2020 when i'll get a Battery powered MPV with £1 full charge cost and 1000 mile range

hmmm.....

not seen anything better including bloated, ugly & underpowered new Verso.

Thats fighting talk, especially as they`re all ugly b@stards :lol:

not seen anything better including bloated, ugly & underpowered new Verso.

Thats fighting talk, especially as they`re all ugly b@stards :lol:

Well maybe a little unkind but definitely not convinced by the central speedo - I felt bog-eyed after a test drive.

Well maybe a little unkind but definitely not convinced by the central speedo - I felt bog-eyed after a test drive.

Like most things HB, you get used to it :)

(Old shape Ford Ka will keep up with it through the gears).

Really? Here are the numbers for the old shape Ka (from Parkers):

1.3i Sublime 3d 13.7 s 104 mph 69 bhp

1.3i (70ps) 3d 14.1 s 104 mph 69 bhp

1.6i SportKa 3d 9.7 s 108 mph 93 bhp

And for the 2008 D4D Verso (also from Parkers)

0-60 mph 9.4 s 122 mph 134 bhp

There's no doubt that a Ka is more agile than a Verso, and it's great fun to drive. I know, I've driven one and it's like a go-kart. But if your Verso is out-dragged by anything other than a SportKa then there's something wrong.

(Old shape Ford Ka will keep up with it through the gears).

Really? Here are the numbers for the old shape Ka (from Parkers):

1.3i Sublime 3d 13.7 s 104 mph 69 bhp

1.3i (70ps) 3d 14.1 s 104 mph 69 bhp

1.6i SportKa 3d 9.7 s 108 mph 93 bhp

And for the 2008 D4D Verso (also from Parkers)

0-60 mph 9.4 s 122 mph 134 bhp

There's no doubt that a Ka is more agile than a Verso, and it's great fun to drive. I know, I've driven one and it's like a go-kart. But if your Verso is out-dragged by anything other than a SportKa then there's something wrong.

Well, it could just be my driving!

But seriously I had a bog standard 1.3 try and pass me (dual carriage way) when exiting a roundabout. I was in 3rd gear at about 25mph. accelerating briskly into 4th I was doing 65mph in no time at all. Even though the Ka didn't get past, he didn't dissapear into the distance behind me (to my surprise).

Basically I think the 2.2d feels pretty quick but in reality will not easily blast past any other standard car if they are pressing on. It needs another 40bhp, not sure how good the T180 is in that regard.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links