Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor Could Be Gone Soon!

tccom

I hate to say it but you may get a bit bored with the focus. I know a panel filter and mild map frees them up a bit theres alot more on offer for the st than the cts-c. I just hope you dont regret the decision.

I agree with toyotas current range. Hate to think what hondas is going yo be like soon now that they have dropped vtec.

i wont regret it i tried selling the compressor private for 8 months with no interest and found a as new st which is obviously well better than the comp,i have done my research pity i didnt when i got the compressor as it lost shed loads of cash st's hold their price as people like them supply and demand and all that s**t.

I hate to say it but you may get a bit bored with the focus. I know a panel filter and mild map frees them up a bit theres alot more on offer for the st than the cts-c. I just hope you dont regret the decision.

I agree with toyotas current range. Hate to think what hondas is going yo be like soon now that they have dropped vtec.

What!!! You cant have honda without vtec, they are turning into toyota as thier last fast car that left their factory's was the compressor and nothing since.

I do like the ST, personally i prefer a 06 plate ST to the newer ones tho but none the less good choice.

Sorry to see your leaving.

I fet what you mean. I understand the whole rareity vs circumstance did you p/ex the comp or sell private?

p,xed it for 7k but it was immaculate but could not get a private buyer :crybaby:

They reckon there keeping the type r Badge tho. More than likely goin to follow every other msnufacturer and use a small capacity forced induction engine.

had a good test drive last night after work of the st and all i can say is woooow!what a difference to the compressor really refined to drive and way quieter i am impressed as not had a ford for 15 years or so!think my compressor will be going to a toyota dealer on merseyside if anyone is looking for one. :thumbsup:

is it alot quicker than your compressor?

iv stuck with a standard st quite comfortably when i was stock, they weigh nearly 1400kg!

wasnt your compressor dynoed in at 225 or something? surely that would have been alot quicker than a ST weighing in at 1400 kg compared to a compressor weighing in at 1280kg

iv stuck with a standard st quite comfortably when i was stock, they weigh nearly 1400kg!

wasnt your compressor dynoed in at 225 or something? surely that would have been alot quicker than a ST weighing in at 1400 kg compared to a compressor weighing in at 1280kg

can't compare on a test drive in rush hour just a far better package theres nothing in the toyota and you don't have to rev the engine the comps lost its appeal with me 6 months ago,anyway r/r don't mean jack s**t they all read different each day and no torque on the toyota engine and 6 gear is a joke on the m/way far to high in the rev band,just completly lost interest in it with noisey box, notchy gear selection,window rattles,need a change and got the deal i wanted for a change a 59 st with 2,800mls on can't really go wrong still got 2 years warranty.goodluck to all the toyota corolla owners :thumbsup:

can't compare on a test drive in rush hour just a far better package theres nothing in the toyota and you don't have to rev the engine the comps lost its appeal with me 6 months ago,anyway r/r don't mean jack s**t they all read different each day and no torque on the toyota engine and 6 gear is a joke on the m/way far to high in the rev band,just completly lost interest in it with noisey box, notchy gear selection,window rattles,need a change and got the deal i wanted for a change a 59 st with 2,800mls on can't really go wrong still got 2 years warranty.goodluck to all the toyota corolla owners :thumbsup:

fair play to ye, i think you got a good deal and a good trade-in price for your compressor - but - don't count your chickens before they hatch. my friend's brother owned a fiesta st and then a focus st and they both had their fair share of problems and warranty work carried out. and when his warranty ran out on the focus, i seem to remember him paying out over a hundred quid for some diaphragm piece for the engine, something to do with the engine not breathing probably or something...

Just to add my 2 cents worth, I used to be an active ford fan about 8 years ago. Both myself and my wife had one. We had problems primarily with dodgy seals, trim and bodywork prone to rusting. I went into honda's about 7 years ago and since then I've had nothing but jap.

Having said that, it was a long while ago now - good luck with the new motor.

fair play to ye, i think you got a good deal and a good trade-in price for your compressor - but - don't count your chickens before they hatch. my friend's brother owned a fiesta st and then a focus st and they both had their fair share of problems and warranty work carried out. and when his warranty ran out on the focus, i seem to remember him paying out over a hundred quid for some diaphragm piece for the engine, something to do with the engine not breathing probably or something...

new modified part for that problem,thats why you buy a late model all the faults are sorted on the newer biulds.

S/c is a conolete different drive to a turbo.

and you drive?oh yes a n/a

i'm sorry mate, but your attitude strikes me as rotten. fair enough, you had problems with your compressor, and now you've traded up and got a 'better' car - but that doesn't warrant cheeky one-line responses like that...

i'm sorry mate, but your attitude strikes me as rotten. fair enough, you had problems with your compressor, and now you've traded up and got a 'better' car - but that doesn't warrant cheeky one-line responses like that...

if i knew what he was on about i could come up with something more constructive but as i said i cant compare the two in 30mph traffic in the rain i already now the diff between a s/c and a turbo so i just gave a one line respose back not with attitude at all thank you.

if i knew what he was on about i could come up with something more constructive but as i said i cant compare the two in 30mph traffic in the rain i already now the diff between a s/c and a turbo so i just gave a one line respose back not with attitude at all thank you.

it came across as quite cheeky to me, and i'm sure others would agree...

it came across as quite cheeky to me, and i'm sure others would agree...

sorry but you are wrong it was sarcasm and yes it is the lowest form of you know what!

Oh wow. Yes i do drive an n/a at the moment. But have owned a s/c cooper s, a s/c ignis sport. A punto gt turbo and a grande punto tjet. So i have experience with forced induction. So stop being a *****.

Get your facts straight before you speak thats all. And well done for joining the st club. Hope you have fun with all your big headed look at my sanitry towel on wheels. Enjoy.

Stu don't apologise. A comment like that shows how much of a t**t he is. What in the hel was that post for... nothing that's what. After all, every one has a %$(ing rite to comment in their own opinion.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links