Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No More Optimax For Me

silver surfer

I'm gutted, i have just been to my local Shell garage, well 9 miles away so

almost local, only to find that it has just changed to BP :crybaby: . now the next nearest Shell garage is 23 miles away :censor: . Im not driving a round trip of 46 miles just to fill up every week.

The only good thing( if you can call this good) was that i filled up with BP Ultimate and they only charged me 77.9p litre.

I generally go for optimax... but If I can't find a Shell garage then I'll go for BP Ultimate. Havn't noticed any difference between the 2.

I'm gutted, i have just been to my local shell garage, well 9 miles away so

almost local, only to find that it has just changed to BP :crybaby: . now the next nearest Shell garage is 23 miles away :censor: . Im not driving a round trip of 46 miles just to fill up every week.

The only good thing( if you can call this good) was that i filled up with BP Ultimate and they only charged me 77.9p litre.

I had problems in 2 different cars cos o' that crap. Seriously mate, even Texaco or Esso Supers are better than that s***e. My cars ran fine for about 1/2 tank then everything went lumpy!!

I'm gutted, i have just been to my local shell garage, well 9 miles away so

almost local,  only to find that it has just changed to BP :crybaby: . now the next nearest Shell garage is 23 miles away :censor: . Im not driving a round trip of 46 miles just to fill up every week.

I had problems in 2 different cars cos o' that crap. Seriously mate, even Texaco or Esso Supers are better than that s***e. My cars ran fine for about 1/2 tank then everything went lumpy!!

Perhaps I shpould have used the blue nozzle, not the black :lol::lol:

How annoying! :ffs:

Only Optimax is good enough for my MR2 :thumbsup:

Hell, the other day I even used mineral water instead of tap water to top up my screen wash :blink:

How annoying! :ffs:

Only Optimax is good enough for my MR2 :thumbsup:

Hell, the other day I even used mineral water instead of tap water to top up my screen wash :blink:

personally I think that more often than not the optimax pumps are filled up with super unleaded at best...

i'm very unconvinced about 'performance fuels' to be honest, there's no way of knowing what they fill those pumps up with..

also if you pay extra for petrol you'll want to believe the car runs better than if you paid for the normal stuff, clever marketing really :)

we pay enough for fuel in england ne way i cant affrod to drive all the time as it is let alone with havin to put optimax in

personally I think that more often than not the optimax pumps are filled up with super unleaded at best...

i'm very unconvinced about 'performance fuels' to be honest, there's no way of knowing what they fill those pumps up with..

also if you pay extra for petrol you'll want to believe the car runs better than if you paid for the normal stuff, clever marketing really :)

I must admit I was very dubious at first alternating between Optimax and Esso when filling up. Then I went onto Optimax constantly for a few weeks as I had a sticking valve and know it has better detergents in (supposedly). It solved the valve problem :thumbsup: Two weeks ago I had to fill up with Esso and there was a noticeable differrence (loss of performance) until I filled up again last week with Optimax ;) Plus at the minute you get your free Top Trumps cards :P Almost makes it worth paying 80.9p per litre :(

I agree though, you never know whats in those pumps <_<

i recently had to fill with regular cos i got caught short and noticed a depletion in throttle response - opti is definately doing some good, my motors very revvy and still willing to accelerate even when not in the main power band

:thumbsup:

by the tme you've mixed it with the left over crap in the bottom of your tanks its neither here or there. It takes ages to get a 'clean' tank & lines of either octane fuel.

You'll never get any benefit from the odd fill up here and there

optimax or bp ultimate only for me. while i was running in thought i'd save a few quid y using 95 &97 RON fuel. turned on the HKS knock monitor and guess what...... Detonation under quite small loadings. used that tank full (very carefuly :huh: ) filled up with optimax and suddenly the det went away. would only fill up from a filling station that is used a lot as they are more likely to put the right fuels in the right tank. smaller out of the way garages might be more likely to put 97 or worse 95 ron fuel in the optimax tank to make a bit more money (or am i a bit distrusting).

now of a GT4 owner who suffered an internal melt down not long after filling his tank. his car was running MoTec ECU(corectly mapped) and had forged pistons and there was still a 10mm hole through one of the pistons.

would only fill up from a filling station that is used a lot as they are more likely to put the right fuels in the right tank. smaller out of the way garages might be more likely to put 97 or worse 95 ron fuel in the optimax tank to make a bit more money (or am i a bit distrusting).

i'm not sure but i think that places mite do that. i had to fill up at the Byker station and afterwards the car didnt seem like it had optimax in it, something i can tell straight away. normally when i fill up, jesmond station it feels nice and perky...

wasn't just low end tho, cos i drove on the motorway about an hr l8r and it sure felt sluggish. :(

-Z

optimax or bp ultimate only for me. while i was running in thought i'd save a few quid y using 95 &97 RON fuel. turned on the HKS knock monitor and guess what...... Detonation under quite small loadings. used that tank full (very carefuly :huh: ) filled up with optimax and suddenly the det went away. would only fill up from a filling station that is used a lot as they are more likely to put the right fuels in the right tank. smaller out of the way garages might be more likely to put 97 or worse 95 ron fuel in the optimax tank to make a bit more money (or am i a bit distrusting).

now of a GT4 owner who suffered an internal melt down not long after filling his tank. his car was running MoTec ECU(corectly mapped) and had forged pistons and there was still a 10mm hole through one of the pistons.

No, theres too much conspiracy theory on this site. It is not the garages responsibility for what is delivered into their tanks, they are just francisees, it's down to the fuel processing co.s or their wholesalers and it is strictly governed by weights & measures/advertising standards laws. I doubt very much wether a lot of this putting cheaper fuels in premium tanks goes on unless it's a mistake. Premium fuels also (i been informed but not gospel) do not cost the manufacturer any more to produce and only cost the retailer marginally more, so there wouldn't be much point. I do agree however that Optimax and others do 'go off' after time and result in losses o' power. So don't buy your Opti from a country backwater garage where they only sell a litre per week!! :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links