Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All This Re-Cycle Malarkey

stompe

The reason why we have all these Rattles and Squeaks is because the Motor manufacturer has pressure to recycle as much as they possibly can of a vehicle, im told the dash is made out of Banana skins, the paint is water based, no wonder its not very durable :angry:

The reason why we have all these Rattles and Squeaks is because the Motor manufacturer has pressure to recycle as much as they possibly can of a vehicle, im told the dash is made out of Banana skins, the paint is water based, no wonder its not very durable :angry:

Mmmmm, Recycled banana skins.............That might explain the curve in the roofline of the Prius! :lol:

Mmmmm, Recycled banana skins.............That might explain the curve in the roofline of the Prius! :lol:

Or the slippery aero dynamics! :yahoo:

Our charity is involved in re-using and recycling. In Europe, plastics are not widely re-processed and much of it goes to China. There is now an argument growing that the stuff should be landfilled so that future generations can mine the plastics when they do have the need for oil-based products :eek:

What use they would make of old banana skins is beyond us tho ! :lol:

Didn't BMW use large amounts of recycled plastics in their 3 series in the early 1990's only to stop using them after a couple years due to customer complaints about rattles?

I'm sure recycled plastic makes sense to some stereotypical Prius owners but personally I'd rather they use normal plastics like everyone else and have a rattle free dash. :thumbsup:

Hi please explain how will recycled plastic cause a rattle its the design of the part not type of plastic which causes the rattle other wise all Prius's would rattle

Hi please explain how will recycled plastic cause a rattle its the design of the part not type of plastic which causes the rattle other wise all Prius's would rattle

Most of them do check here http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii-2010-prius-main-forum/84516-any-fix-dash-rattle-yet.html :ffs:

Hi I have had 3 Prius's and none have had rattles this could be used to say that no Prius rattles. The Prius has it faults eg rubbish paintwork but you can point to any car and point out faults, the car is overall a very good car and if used correctly will not "fall apart" but will give good service. Yes the odd car can rattle but don't judge a car from a few complaints out of 1 million cars made.

Hi I have had 3 Prius's and none have had rattles this could be used to say that no Prius rattles. The Prius has it faults eg rubbish paintwork but you can point to any car and point out faults, the car is overall a very good car and if used correctly will not "fall apart" but will give good service. Yes the odd car can rattle but don't judge a car from a few complaints out of 1 million cars made.

Hi Ian

if you see my link above its more then a few, ive had both generation 2 and 3 both with dash rattles it shouldn't happen on a £25,000 car it should have been picked up in the first instance :thumbsup:

Hi Ian

if you see my link above its more then a few, ive had both generation 2 and 3 both with dash rattles it shouldn't happen on a £25,000 car it should have been picked up in the first instance :thumbsup:

I've had both gen2 and gen3- neither had/has any rattles - it's the one thing I couldn't put up with in ANY car :thumbsup:

Hi It seems to me that if you have a complaint about a car it will find it way on to a forum but if you have no complaints about a car nobody will praise it . I think that the paintwork falls well short for durability from my own experience, my car cannot be the only one with this problem but you do not see very many cases reported on forums so a small number of complaints will not mean a fault is not there, also a larger number or complaints will not mean the fault is widespread . We are talking of a very small number of rattle complaints in a very large number of cars.

Hi It seems to me that if you have a complaint about a car it will find it way on to a forum but if you have no complaints about a car nobody will praise it . I think that the paintwork falls well short for durability from my own experience, my car cannot be the only one with this problem but you do not see very many cases reported on forums so a small number of complaints will not mean a fault is not there, also a larger number or complaints will not mean the fault is widespread . We are talking of a very small number of rattle complaints in a very large number of cars.

Have to disagree Ian, if we didn't have forums that complained, we wouldn't get anything done! Toyota must have had loads of complaints, because they have brought out a fix for the dealers, although im led to believe it takes two days to put right, and dont forget some people don't complain, and are worried taking the dash out will cause more rattles :thumbsup:

Hi Stompe I totally agree that the forums do get information and complaints out in the open but some of the complaints seem to be Toyota bashing such as when Humer owners tried to prove that their car was greener in its life time than the Prius. As your link is trying to compare a Prius to a Ford Escape one being a saloon the other a SUV weighing 2 tons I would hope the Escape was more solid , but my question was how can a plastic made from vegetable matter / recycled rattle ,what it is made from cannot affect its performance in this instance. I also believe that forums are a good way of getting peoples views and opinions out there so it is nice discussing things with fellow enthusiasts .

Hi Stompe I totally agree that the forums do get information and complaints out in the open but some of the complaints seem to be Toyota bashing such as when Humer owners tried to prove that their car was greener in its life time than the Prius. As your link is trying to compare a Prius to a Ford Escape one being a saloon the other a SUV weighing 2 tons I would hope the Escape was more solid , but my question was how can a plastic made from vegetable matter / recycled rattle ,what it is made from cannot affect its performance in this instance. I also believe that forums are a good way of getting peoples views and opinions out there so it is nice discussing things with fellow enthusiasts .

Ford Escape!! not me Ian, and i think your find the plastics are a lot thinner now, due partly that Japan as no Petrol Chemical facility, you buy anything plastic from Toyota and sit down when you get the price :rolleyes:

Btw

Just to give you a bit of background ive drove and been an ardent advocate for Toyota for 35 years but sadly there customer care (not the Dealers) is seriously going wrong and the quality of there cars as ive said before is sadly lacking, as i suspect we will see in the JD power survey :thumbsup:

Hi Stompe I am on my 9th Toyota one a 86 Carina I kept for 15 years the paintwork was as good as the day it came out of the showroom, I quite agree in some respects the quality has dropped but the cars in the eighties bear no resemblance to the cars now, I cannot beat your 35 years having only owning Toyotas for 24 years and as you say the dealership's after sales service is abysmal, its a good job Toyota's seem to go on forever,Great to talk to a fellow Toyota fan .

Hi Stompe I am on my 9th Toyota one a 86 Carina I kept for 15 years the paintwork was as good as the day it came out of the showroom, I quite agree in some respects the quality has dropped but the cars in the eighties bear no resemblance to the cars now, I cannot beat your 35 years having only owning Toyotas for 24 years and as you say the dealership's after sales service is abysmal, its a good job Toyota's seem to go on forever,Great to talk to a fellow Toyota fan .

Lets see what the Lexus is like http://www.worldcarfans.com/110091428408/lexus-ct-200h-in-detail

Hi looks like this one will be made from banana peel and potato skins as well ,will the build quality be there, always promised myself a Lexus when I retired that looks a bit shaky now. Looks good though from the inside not so keen on the outside.

While organising my extended test drive recently, I asked Toyota about this issue and was contacted with an email containing information regarding the issue from Toyota's technical department. Apparently...

"...following feedback from Prius customers and our network of Toyota centres, a number of

product improvements and modifications have taken place in order to resolve this particular

issue. Prius vehicles manufactured after September 2010 have been fitted with improved parts

and to date we have not received any negative feedback relating to any noise or rattles in these

vehicles. We are therefore confident that our process of continuous improvement has

eradicated this concern."

While organising my extended test drive recently, I asked Toyota about this issue and was contacted with an email containing information regarding the issue from Toyota's technical department. Apparently...

"...following feedback from Prius customers and our network of Toyota centres, a number of

product improvements and modifications have taken place in order to resolve this particular

issue. Prius vehicles manufactured after September 2010 have been fitted with improved parts

and to date we have not received any negative feedback relating to any noise or rattles in these

vehicles. We are therefore confident that our process of continuous improvement has

eradicated this concern."

Should really get it right first time! still we are the *guinea pigs* who do the road testing for them, still not resolved the Sat-Nav debacle YET! :ffs:

It's why I never buy a car until it's had its mid-life revisions.

It's why I never buy a car until it's had its mid-life revisions.

Someone as to be first! but good point Seamaster :thumbsup:

Should really get it right first time! still we are the *guinea pigs* who do the road testing for them, still not resolved the Sat-Nav debacle YET! :ffs:

Or indeed the warranty issues.

Yes, Ancient, and the oil fiasco :thumbsup:

To say nothing of the brake recall. Which had the biggest fuss and the least problem.

Noticeably, the US gets a decent hybrid warranty. Toyota has much less control over servicing, so fewer oil complaints. I've heard few satnav complaints, so presumably a better contract with the map supplier.

I think our warranty and satnav isues would have resulted in class actions already in the US.

To say nothing of the brake recall. Which had the biggest fuss and the least problem.

Noticeably, the US gets a decent hybrid warranty. Toyota has much less control over servicing, so fewer oil complaints. I've heard few satnav complaints, so presumably a better contract with the map supplier.

I think our warranty and satnav isues would have resulted in class actions already in the US.

Hi Ancient, seems like they might have got the message at last :thumbsup:

Damian Pang says:

October 28, 2010 at 08:45

UPDATE 28/10/2010: THIRD GENERATION PRIUS – SAT NAV

Dear All,

We sincerely apologise for the continued delay in obtaining information regarding the availability of map updates. We recognise your frustrations and can assure you that we have not been ignoring you.

We have been relaying your comments back to the relevant teams both here at Toyota GB and those at Toyota Motor Europe and we hope to be able to provide you with more information very soon.

Thank you for your continued patience whilst we have been working on a solution.

:thumbsup:

Here's the link for anyone who is interested http://blog.toyota.co.uk/new-prius-everything-you-need-to-know