Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New But Second Owner

BlueValour

Some of the online dealers are offering build-to-order new Prius's but with additional savings if registered as a second owner. What exactly is going on with this?

Dealers do this to keep their figures up pre-reg cars are new/delivery mileage but registered to the dealer, the actual purchaser os 2nd owner.

Kingo or others will correct this if I'm wrong....

Some of the online dealers are offering build-to-order new Prius's but with additional savings if registered as a second owner. What exactly is going on with this?

Hi Bluey

Normally these are cars that dealers have registered to meet there sales quotas, normally no mileage on them, and good buys! :thumbsup:

Hi Bluey

Normally these are cars that dealers have registered to meet there sales quotas, normally no mileage on them, and good buys! :thumbsup:

Just be aware that if they are unable to give you the V5 on delivery you will have real trouble insuring the vehicle and even more hassle if on any occasion you are issed with a "producer" for any motoring offence. They are a bit of a gamble unless the dealer is really straight with you and says "I can sell you this car at a reduced price but you will have to wait three months for the V5 when we can declare it".

To include it in their sales volumes there is a minimum time they have to keep it on their books but will happily find a buyer within that period but will not be able to provide the buyer with the registration documents until that time period has expired.

Just be aware that if they are unable to give you the V5 on delivery you will have real trouble insuring the vehicle and even more hassle if on any occasion you are issed with a "producer" for any motoring offence.

I can't see a problem here, as long as they tax it for you when you get it, you don't need the V5 to insure a vehicle for you to drive.

IIRC a "producer" is no longer issued, you have to carry your licence and insurance with you these days and even when it was current, I can't think of any reason why you would have to produce your V5 anyway.