Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Avensis D4D (125Bhp) - Smoky On Startup

cortinas

Hi

I have a 2010 d4d avensis (tourer) which is emits a cloud of greyish smoke when started --- this only happens when the car has sat overnight.

Car has about 15k on it and was serviced on time with Mr T

everything else seems fine, just worried that its a sign of a turbo prob (or some other prob)

Hi

I have a 2010 d4d avensis (tourer) which is emits a cloud of greyish smoke when started --- this only happens when the car has sat overnight.

everything else seems fine, just worried that its a sign of a turbo prob (or some other prob)

Hello, If i had a 2010 Avensis with problems like yours I would be at the Toyota dealers first thing tomorrow morning, it's not normal to emit that much smoke! They may ask you to leave it overnight so that they can check it out the next morning, good luck anyway.

Regards Pete.

Grey smoke in the morning normally means that one of the injectors has been leaking fuel into the cylinder. Deffo needs looking at!

Yup agree with other replies i have the same engine and nothing emits at any time that i can see so straight back to dealers for a fix.

Hi

hi mate

as for me -- this is a sign of inspection of an EGR first. it seams to has lost mobility of its valve stem.

it must be the reason, but smoke is only consequence.

cheers/Igor

This is worrying, I picked mine up on Saturday, now have 26 miles on the clock and mine puffed out a cloud of grey smoke on startup this morning, but then ran clean as a whistle. I thought my EGR problems where gone when I moved from VAG :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I noticed mine did this on morning start up a few days ago.

Did anyone find out what it is?

Mine has 11 k on clock

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links