Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urgant Help Please Bleeding Clutch

immy21

Im trying to bleed the clutch on my 1.4 d4d corolla but wont pull fluid through the brake master cylinder, im using a suction kit at the clutch slave end but am just getting air, i can hear a gargling sound at the brake master resovour but the fluid isnt going below max, what the hell am I doing wrong?

I need this car tomorrow or I cant work until this is sorted please help!

Edit: I have disconected the clutch pushrod from the clutch pedal arm to make sure its not pushing in and still nothing!

Thanks for the reply

Brake fluid does not go below max so hasnt moved, il try pumping the pedal while on vacuum just now

ok tried that but still nothing, the brake fluid is slightly below max but thats were it was before I started bleeding and has never moved. Iv used the bleeding kit on another car and worked perfectly, on this im completely stumped!

try undo the clutch pipe at the clutch master cylinder and see if it runs out of there first to bleed the master

I think its sorted now, Had to fill it past max and up into the filler neck then fluid started to go down releasing a few bubbles (as if its now feeding into a secondry tank inside the resovour then it stops just below max, so i bled while filling it right up to the top, finished bleeding then sucked the fluid out the resovour until fluid went down to max, il put everything back together, take it for a test drive and then put up a picture of what I mean, thanks again for any replys (biiiig sigh of relief!)

As you can see in the pic the brake fluid is well above the clutch feed hose and the min line(on the other side of bottle, I guess the clutch has a seperate resovoir inside the main resovoir which only gets fluid once i fill fluid OVER the amount in the pic. The fluid that came out the slave was quite dark black.

IMAG0228.jpg

Edit: fluid is hard to see in the pic but tilting laptop sreen back and it becomes visible

• 7 months later...

Funny enough I came across the exact same thing when I bled mine tonight so came on here and thanks to your advice got it done :) Had to just fill it to the brim to get the oil to go into the clutch system.. weird that but oh well.. works for me now fresh fluid to clutch and brakes :) Ours is a facelift 1.6VVT-i Colour Collection.. so guess same setup as the 1.4 D4D

• 5 years later...

I was hit with the same problem unfortunately, but thanks to everyone for logging the information in this thread. It helped me to resolve the issue next day.

Thanks immy21

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links