Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Management Light

kabz

Engine management light been on since ive had the car 6 months or more, but since a week ago it has started to cut out while driving. Took it to mechanic who reset the light about aweek ago but it has !Removed! bak on again. It is also running a bit ruff missing abit its worse wen cold, the economy is still gud put £50 in and get 500 miles no probs. Mechanic says it mite b the injectors or it mite jst b a sensor. My mechanic also works at toyotas. Any idea any1.

Ive had that problem with my saxo vts, was a sensor in the engine somewhere got a bit dirty and he replaced it. and dad had same prob in his Yaris SR but had to pay £700 because sometime was wrong with it and he had, had the car for about 5 years.(the orange engine symbol you mean yea) could just be a sensor though mayb

Are the spark plugs new, or how many miles have they done?

Some ML light come on for next to no reason, and the fault can be difficult to trace. My wife had a Foat panda which was in & out of the garage for months. Eventually they changed the injection wiring harness and it was okay.

I sometimes think all this technology causes too many problems.

You need to find someone with an ODB code reader to actually see what error code is causing the engine light - without that you haven't a clue where to start - it could be anything and you could cause more problms if you just try and fix things based on pure guesswork.

There is a common Yaris cause of the MIL light which is dirt on the MAF sensor. There are threads on here about cleaning it, but if you touch it, you risk damaging it, so you really want to check that it is the MAF fault code causing the MIL light before you make an attempt to fix it....

Engine management light been on since ive had the car 6 months or more, but since a week ago it has started to cut out while driving. Took it to mechanic who reset the light about aweek ago but it has !Removed! bak on again. It is also running a bit ruff missing abit its worse wen cold, the economy is still gud put £50 in and get 500 miles no probs. Mechanic says it mite b the injectors or it mite jst b a sensor. My mechanic also works at toyotas. Any idea any1.

He did put it on the computer and could not come across any fault reading. Took it bak a few days ago and the mech put it bak on the computer and he is now saying it cud be the glow plugs.

Your mechanic is a numpty. Change him, for a start.

Get a competent diesel company to look at it.

You are wasting your time with a person who has not a clue..

"Are the spark plugs new, or how many miles have they done?" I sincerely hope the D4D isn't meant to have spark plugs! :wacko:

He did put it on the computer and could not come across any fault reading. Took it bak a few days ago and the mech put it bak on the computer and he is now saying it cud be the glow plugs.

Doesn't seem to make sense to me. The light only comes on when there is a fault and it will store the fault code that triggered the light. If your mechanic can't read the code, it sounds to me like he hasn't got a compatible code reader....