Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fog Light Kit

Beagh1958

To any interested parties.

I have recently purchased a genuine toyota fog light kit from Parts-King (Top Man) pretty much plug & play. As car did not come with these lights specced for some reason from new (MK2 D4D 2003 T3s) has transformed lighting, live in the sticks, no street lighting atall. But i have started to notice a lot of other MK2/MK3 face lift models ie: 03-04-05 old & 06 face lift shape cars giving of a pure white light rather than a dull yellow light like mine. Do the original factory specced kits have some built in resistor in the system or just a different bulb, mine has H11 bulbs. With respect, don't turn this into an all avensis lights are rubbish debate. Any advice much appreciated.

Regards, Beagh.

To any interested parties.

I have recently purchased a genuine toyota fog light kit from Parts-King (Top Man) pretty much plug & play. As car did not come with these lights specced for some reason from new (MK2 D4D 2003 T3s) has transformed lighting, live in the sticks, no street lighting atall. But i have started to notice a lot of other MK2/MK3 face lift models ie: 03-04-05 old & 06 face lift shape cars giving of a pure white light rather than a dull yellow light like mine. Do the original factory specced kits have some built in resistor in the system or just a different bulb, mine has H11 bulbs. With respect, don't turn this into an all avensis lights are rubbish debate. Any advice much appreciated.

Regards, Beagh.

hi beagh

they are dfferent tpye bulbs xenon effect i think they call them,i have the "hid" h7 for my dips and are the job,check out "hids4u" website

Sorry to jump in here, but I have used Hids4U before and found their kit to be great, but recently bought a kit for my bike from these guys http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/hid-conversion-kits-50w/ they where exactly the same kit, same components and all boxed up in a very professional looking case.

You can get a 50W H11 HID kit with 2 year warranty for £69 off these people, a lot cheaper than HIDS4U.

I have no connection with these people at all, just got a great deal and thought I would mention it. If you wanted to buy some high output halogen bulbs, then www.powerbulbs.co.uk are pretty good, great prices and after service and on another forum I belong to, we negotiated a 15% discount for members ..... not to shabby.

Thank you for the replies.

In particular, Rossy. Rossy, you may recall i posted a question more than a year ago in regards to complete crap dipped beams & you put me onto HIDS4U.co.uk. I purchased a kit & completely transformed the lights. These fog lights that i see around the place are certainly not HID lights as they switch on straight away & do not have that few seconds delay whilst ballast units bring bulbs up to temperture. That's why i was wondering if they had a resistor of some description built into system. Thank's for your replies all the same. I think a call to Parts-King may clear matters up.

Regards, Beagh.

To Fluffmeister.

Sorry. Thank you for reply, these are not over rated bulbs , as they do not dazzle on-coming traffic but just give off a clear white light. Thank you for reply all the same.

Regards, Beagh.

Hi, I was not suggesting that they are over-rated Beagh, you will probably find these fog lights are either running Philips Xtreme or Osram nightbreaker bulbs.

Some may well be using LED bulbs, which are crisp and white, some 2011 model year Skoda's run LED foglights as do some Audi's, Merc's and BMW's.

I have seen some cheapo eBay LED foglight bulbs in the flesh and they work, giving the described light but the build quality is nasty and the light being projected was pretty shallow.

yes I fancy the later models have uprated bulbs in them, not the standard jobbies

I dont do any uprated bulbs, there are plenty of outlets out there that do ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links