Do Not Sell My Personal Information

80 Amp Fuse Blowing

Pug Wesh

I have a 1989 2.5L hilux and the 80 amp fuse is blowing. I have replaced the glow plugs, had the buzz bar off and cleaned all the connections. Does anyone no wat could be wrong.

many thanks

• 6 months later...

I'd be interested in how you got on with your 80amp problem ... I maybe hunting down a cause myself shortly!

I have an 1989 model too and have come to the conclusion that the reason it won't start [especially when cold]is because the 80amp fuse has gone. I replaced all 4 glow plugs last week, connections cleaned/checked and that hasn't helped the problem of not starting.

There use to be 2 clicks on start up [for the glow plugs], but since I had new glow plugs put in, it does the first click and not the second - only on the first start up. After that I hear the second click as well as the first. Maybe a relay?

The starter-motor and engine are all working and sound fine once it is going, but a lot of white 'clouds' come out the back prior to it going, then running a little lumpy until it has warmed up.

Any ideas would be appreciated :)

Marz

I'd be interested in how you got on with your 80amp problem ... I maybe hunting down a cause myself shortly!

I have an 1989 model too and have come to the conclusion that the reason it won't start [especially when cold]is because the 80amp fuse has gone. I replaced all 4 glow plugs last week, connections cleaned/checked and that hasn't helped the problem of not starting.

There use to be 2 clicks on start up [for the glow plugs], but since I had new glow plugs put in, it does the first click and not the second - only on the first start up. After that I hear the second click as well as the first. Maybe a relay?

The starter-motor and engine are all working and sound fine once it is going, but a lot of white 'clouds' come out the back prior to it going, then running a little lumpy until it has warmed up.

Marz

i think a can of bg244 would make a real difference to your engine running better. Take a look...http://www.powerenhancer.co.uk/news/bg-244-for-diesel/33/

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1989 2.5L hilux and the 80 amp fuse is blowing. I have replaced the glow plugs, had the buzz bar off and cleaned all the connections. Does anyone no wat could be wrong.

many thanks

youve got a dead short on the main glow plug circuit to blow the 80 amp fusible link.could be a faulty glow plug,or a shorted timer control,or a cable somwhere on the circuit damaged and grounding out.if it didnt do it before the plugs were changed then its probably in that area.

you can check the plugs with a multimeter but youll have to take the busbaroff first and check for continuity to ground from the center pin and pull the busbar cable off and replace the fuse if it blows again you know its not the busbar to glowplug connection or the glow plugs.

Marz