Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla E12 Tyres

Sinner...

Hello guys.

I just bought last weekend a set of (used) alloys. 17" 7" ET40.

But the question goes about the wheels!? There are 225/45/17 tyres on the rear wheels....What do you guys think? will those 225 wide tyres fit to roll on Corolla??

- Corolla is not (yet) lowered, 2003, wagon model.

Cheers!

I run 205/40/17 just to keep it close to the same measurements as standars wheels. Wont wffect your speedo etc then. You have to bear in mind jf you run massive wheels with big tyres then tje gearing is effectivley changed. Mpg wont be accurate nor will your speed on the speedo.

Yeah, I know that it should be keeped as close to the original size as possible.

And mostly people seems to use 215/45/17 tyres.

...about the used alloys that I bought) that was pretty much just the first thought that i was wondering.....because the rear tyres (225) are brand new. So should i (in next spring/summer) buy only new front tyres? or just accept the fact that they're too wide -> and buy all 4wheels 205 / 215wide.

+ a couple photos.

InterAction Scorpion, 7x17

199982.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and just for an overview, putted them standing next to the car to see what would it look like.

valokuva01071.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ha, for a sec there i thought the car was lowered, will look cool, wagons are very very rare over here.

well if the tyres are good then i wouldnt waste my money buying new ones, but when time comes ild go 215/45/17 as to still give you nice grip, good sidewall for comfort and is usually the cheapest tyre as it is the standard size for 17" :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

Hell-O

Yesterday I finally got the wheels on!

...theres still some snow&ice (here in Finland) on the ground, but couldn't wait anymore!

The front tires are: Nokia V, 215/45/17

the rear tires were in good condition (when I bought the wheels Used) so I just put them on... 225/45/17

post-100322-0-99799100-1302418123_thumb.