Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does Music On A Dvdr Work On The Aygo Blue?

MrMuld1

I've always been under the impression that you shouldn't use cd-r or DVD-r in a car stereo?? Can't remember the reason though....

I've always been under the impression that you shouldn't use cd-r or DVD-r in a car stereo?? Can't remember the reason though....

I don't know about DVD-R but you CAN use a CD-R.

Only with .wav files though, not .MP3

Ian.

I don't know about DVD-R but you CAN use a CD-R.

Ian.

On the MP3 note, I have hundreds of mp3's on my i-pad, they play quite happily thru the aux socket on my wifes Blue.... - hence the reason I've never tried cd-r's in there....

I dont think you can play DVD-R's. I used CD-R's with the CD made as a music CD format rather than MP3 files. Only the real top of the range CD players tend to play DVD's.

Nowadays there's no real reason anymore to to use CD-R in a car stereo. In the past the "bumps and dimples" in a

CD-R wouldn't register right on a cheap CD-drive, but both Recordables and the drives have come a long way.

A CD-RW is a whole different story though. They use differnet techniques and usually do NOT work...

AFAIK these WAV-files are converted to CD-format when you burn them.

I dont think you can play DVD-R's.

You're right, you cant. No DVD at all, doesn't matter if its recordable, rewritable or "original"...

Different recording format :thumbsup:

It used to be the case when recordable media first came out that it was a bit thicker physically than commercial stuff. On some players it could get stuck in the drive (happened to me and cost a bomb to sort).

I imagine that's changed now - I don't know, I've never used the the CD player in the Aygo, only fed it Spotify from the iPhone.

Thanks for the comments about using cd-r's... I knew there was a reason not to use them, just couldn't remember what hey were :thumbsup:

DvD-R!? Dvd refers to picture and sound. DvDs therefore dont work. Also CD-RW on MP3 format do NOT work in the Aygo because the player is a basic CD player. The AUX connection is for MP3 only.

I tried my old CD-RW from my old car and none of them play on the Aygo CD player :crybaby:

DvD-R!? Dvd refers to picture and sound. DvDs therefore dont work.

Not true. DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disc. A DVD Video can contain a movie, but a DVD-R

can hold data, sound, movies, basically everything you can store on your computers Harddrive.

Several high-end aftermarket systems can accept a DVD-R full of MP3's, giving you over 1000 songs on a single disc.

Hi Jan,

However will the DvD play in the Aygo. The reason why I ask is when I played CD-RW in my Aygo they dont play. So does the DvD have Mp3 format or normal audio?

Hi Jan,

However will the DvD play in the Aygo. The reason why I ask is when I played CD-RW in my Aygo they dont play. So does the DvD have Mp3 format or normal audio?

I wonder if it's the format of the music you have on the cd-r or DVD-r... MP3's will not play from a cd/DVD, only wav files. Mp3's will play from the aux input though....

However will the DvD play in the Aygo.

As I said before, no it will not...

The tracks on a DVD are WAY smaller than those on a CD. A normal CD-laser

would cover several tracks at once, so no clear data can be read...

The reason why I ask is when I played CD-RW in my Aygo they

dont play. So does the DvD have Mp3 format or normal audio?

Most chep CD-players (like the one in the Aygo) will not read CD-RW

because of the lesser contrast between ones and zeroes on this medium.

As you might know, on a CD the bits are formed by bumps and dimples,

a CD-R will have bumps and dimples too, so will read in most players.

However, a CD-RW can have pieces "blacked out" instead of dimples.

A good quality reader will still see the difference, lesser ones won't...

As for the format of the audio: an Audio-CD will contain CD-audio, on a PC

with Windows these will be converted to WAV, on a Mac you'll see AIFF files...

If you want to use MP3 in a CD-Player that can handle MP3 (zo not the OEM in the Aygo) your

disc needs to be formatted as "Data", ISO-9660 and for most players the disc needs to be

finished too, so no open sessions and no multi-session, or the disc might not be recognised.

My home DVD-player will accept DVD-Video, CD-Audio

and both CD and DVD Data filled with MP3 and/or pictures...

Just swap the head unit with one that has USB and will also play MP3s and all your problems are solved.

I just bought a bunch of 2GB SD cards and a SD card reader from 7DayShop, filled them with MP3 files and use them as CDs, much tidier and easy to take them out of the car if you want.