Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr180 Dpf Problems?

Katana1000

Hi All,

I was reading that doing short runs on a Rav with a DPF will cause problems??

Can you please tell me what happens, what the symtoms are, and what is required to fix the problem if it occurs??

My wife uses the car mostly, and does loads of short journeys, although the car does also do some long ones!!??!!

Thanks in advance for your help,

Neil

There were some problems with early models which used oil. Along with the soot from the diesel it could manifest itself as a clogged DPF or sticking EGR. The best advice I can give you is to use high grade diesel, make sure it gets oil changes at least when they are due and if you are out and about you can wind it up a bit. If you see s cloud of clag coming out of the exhaust don't warry it is just purging the system.

TBH I think you have very little to worry about on that model.

Thanks for the reply.

Its good to know that this should not be a problem, other than i know its not good for the engine to do short runs in general, i just thought that we may have another problem to contend with!!

Do short journeys harm the cat converter?

When you say short, it gets up to normal temp? Very short runs with the engine not up to temp are not the best for any car but they tend to tolerate it.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. Enjoy your car. :thumbsup: