Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Some Hid's Advice Please

meltonlad

ive removed my HID's from my old car which was a H7 fittment. could i fit this kit my my rolla ??? ive looked at the bulbs allready fitted and they are different but still look like a H7 bulb but with a plastic fitted !!

yeah they should fit fine, as long as they are H7, you might have a hard time putting them in, took me 3 hours of trying, I couldn't get the clip to clip in. I ended up taking it to a garage :(.

they will fit grand lad.

theres a how to on here to install HIDS, unfortunately the easiest way is actually take off the front bumper and remove the headlight.

i fitted a set in my car and thats what i did, the HID bulbs are too chunky to try and squeeze into place on the car

not to sound like a prat but i fitted mine without removing anything from the car only whipped the Battery out on the passenger side to make access a little easier thats all took about 20mins to fit without issues.

Take bumper off. I did, Sunday just gone. Much much easier although more work involved its a easier job and its better as the ballasts are hidden and you dont need to cut into bulb covers :thumbsup:

Ohyeah check me build thread for pics :thumbsup:

I took the bumper off.

I used H7R bulbs which have a blackout sticker on them to reduce glare.

Great vision, look great and never ever been flashed.

I took the bumper off.

I used H7R bulbs which have a blackout sticker on them to reduce glare.

Great vision, look great and never ever been flashed.

thats the kit ive got H7R very good as i had them on a seat before ! looks like im playing on my car come saturday thanks for the replys peeps :thumbsup:

Good luck then mate! :)

I also took off the bumper, to install them the first time.

But for switching them back to normal, i let the ballasts where they are,

and i just unplug the cables to them.

But indeed, u need some small hands to do the job in there! :P

Grtz

I'm not sure how you can do the mains without drilling your headlights, the cover for them is rubber.

Personally I would have the bumper off and put the ballasts inside. Much neater job and also a fair bit more robust.

lol you guys would have heart attacks if you saw my hid install. i just slapped it all on, drilled the cover for the grommet whacked the bulb in and used cable ties to secure my ballasts wherever they'd fit. subsequently i've screwed them using brackets i had made but still not as neat as removing the bumper etc then again took me 20mins to do and they've never gone wrong once had the same set for over 1 year now.

i had a go at fitting mine on saturday, firstly i tried to remove the bumper, but the bolts are just spinning and wont undo, then tried the tight squeeze method, but i cant get the harness off the back of the bulb for the life of me! its stuck and no amount of wiggling it helped!, my hands were small enough to change the indicators in situ, but its stupidly tight, any ideas how to unstick the bulb? i wish the brake/abs unit thing could be moved, i dont mind the ballasts being on show, i just want the lights in for the really bad weather, i opted for 4700k bulbs too, im not a fan of blue...