Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 2011 Yaris

alfiejts

There's a new Yaris out in 2011. Its being launched at the Detroit motor show and the official brochure has been leaked on the internet.

Its referred to as the "2012 model" but is being launched in mid 2011 in America followed by Japan and then other markets later.

It reads like the running gear is the same as the current range, but its got a new body and interior.

You can see the brochure shots here...

http://steeringnews.com/2011-yaris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEv6bcQJL4&feature=related

Oh my God that looks awful! Looks like a cross between those horrible Perouda's and a Vauxhall Corsa VXR! What in Gods name have they done?! Couldn't they keep running with the chunky funky shape they had after the Mrk. 1?! I'll stick to my Mrk. 1 for as long as I can and if I still want a Yaris afterwards I'll buy any other Yaris model but that!!!

:)

At the end of that clip youtube suggested a few other videos I may like. I had a quick gander at one (search youtube for "Toyota yaris 3 2012 spy"). You should check it out.

Jeeez Louise!!!!

Front view- Looks like it's been in a car crash.

Interior view - Yep, definitely looking like it's been in a crash.

Side view - Oof, that must've been a nasty prang.

Rear views - Man, don't tell the insurance they'll write it off!

The new-model 'disguisers' have definately earned their money with that one.

Later,

Mick

Thanks for that Mick G but I still dislike it. Over the years the Yaris has grown up and filled out a bit but what the hell is that?! It looks bigger than a small hatchback and damned ugly! The first Yaris was all about being "bigsmall" small but with big ideas. It is comfortable, economical, small, fun and cool. The new one looks like a big monstrosity! Where have all the trademark Yaris features gone?

I suspect we'll get a much blander version of the front and rear styling. The front end on these pictures is reminiscent of the "RS" version they sell in the US and Canada.

2011yarisgale044330823.jpg

2011yarisgale024484013.jpg

The RS had a much more radically styled front bumper and it had a few styling cues that are carried forward into the new RS front end on display here...

I think the current model is great but the front end styling is really bland. The 1.8SR had a different bumper that made it a bit different but all the other models have the same generic "supermini" face.

I'll get shot at dawn for saying it, but there are other cars on sale today with more stylish front ends, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they look like when they are released in the UK.....

I'll wait and see what the real UK model is like with eager anticipation. We had a hard converstion last week - our SR is two years old and although we don't have a need to change it, we could be tempted if there was a nice stylish model in the range with the latest running gear - but there's just the TR trim - which is fine if that's what you want - but it doesn't provide an answer to those of us with T-Sport or SR or T-Spirit models.

The bottom line is that if we needed to change our car now, its replacement wouldn't be a Yaris for no other reason that there isn't a model in the range to replace our existing model.

With a bit of luck, they'll re-introduce the variety of models in the new range and hopefully there will be a car in the range that puts the Yaris back on our list of possible next-car options....

It does look bigger than I'd like for a Yaris; Looks almost the size of a Corolla!

The front makes me think of a Vauxhall for some reason,

If this trend of getting bigger continues, I think the next Aygo will be the new Yaris :lol:

The trims and options will be the thing tho'; The current Yaris range is very poor and there are very little options compared to the original!

And you apparently can't mix things, e.g. the protection pack and VSC

The red Yaris in the picture provided by alfiejts looks a little better but like Cyker said, it looks bigger than ever and to me looks more like an Auris than anything else. If Toyota aren’t careful, the Aygo will be the next Yaris so to speak. I don’t like the Aygo because its too cheap and cheerful for my liking but if I ever get rid of my beloved Mrk. 1 what supermini do I go for then?! The Citroen DS looks cool but I’m such a firm believer in Toyota’s reliability and safety record that I haven’t got breakdown insurance on mine and believe that they’re the best!

The old Honda Jazz did look like a bit of a small van but the new one looks quite cool!

Just to clarify - the pictures if the red and white cars I added in thread #6 are of the current RS model in the USA, not the new 2011 model. I posted them to show that there is already a model in the US Yaris range with a more radical front bumper and so that you can see where they have carried over the styling cues to this new 2011 RS model.

You can see the other new models in the link for the new brochure and they have more bland grills like the other variants in the current range....

So we're going to end up with a Perouda crossed with a Vauxhall Corsa VXR monstrosity then? :(

I always prefered the original Yaris over later incantations... even over the facelift Mk1. That made slight improvements with the teardrop foglights but I disliked the "squaring up" of the function buttons, the vents and almost all the other mods. Then came the larger(?) small car. They only made it bigger, to make an even smaller car (Aygo) And I took an instant VISUAL dislike to it!

It Is usual for a manufacturer to make newer models look newer and more modern... Fiesta's did that for years, as did the Golf. The Yaris went from a cute cuddly funmobile to a corperate cop out-mobile in one swoop! From that day to this, I still do not like the newer model although it may well be the "Better" car.

If the new one looks like this, I think they have shot themselves in the foot! It STINKS!!!

I had a new Fabia last december as I wanted a Toyota but started to dislike the look of them. The Skud had looks and features I could live with, and all the stuff I needed for my work so suited me down to the ground. The original Yaris, which I still own, was small but not to small, had all the bits I wanted and looked right, and suited me down to the ground at the time, hence the reason I still have it. Funnily, I was not really a fan of the OLD Fabia, NOR the Roomster although i liked the Superb when it came out and thought it a great car, if you could pay that much and live with the Badge.

Digressing, It would take quite a lot now, to get me back behind the wheel of a new Toyota... They even spoiled the Rav 4, for crying out loud!

Having said that, almost every car manufacturer today has a corporate look to their entire range. When the Yaris first came out, it was just the Badge that looked the same on each makers car!!!

Hear, hear, Gar! If they keep this up if I ever do get rid of my Mrk. 1 for whatever reason I'll probably just buy another one in decent nick and replace the engine if I have to! The new Yaris's look/are bigger and have lost the plot altogether it seems. I don't mind if they're a few inches bigger than the original but the newer models seemed to have gotten bigger by a couple of feet or so each time!

Totally with you there! :thumbsup:

However, I bet the next Aygo will be bigger too... in fact, maybe they will re-release the Yaris Mk1 as the Aygo Mk2!! :lol:

The only reason why I dislike the Aygo is that it it is a cheaper alternative to the Yaris (as if the Yaris was an expensive car in the first place?!) And as a result, in my opinion, it really shows. A friend has one and all the plastics look even cheaper and more garish than the ones in the Mrk. 1 Yaris, the whole feel and interior look on the inside also looks and feels cheap. Fortunately though, the exterior looks pretty cool!

I wish it had the same dashboard pod as the Mrk. 1 Yaris though. Digital all the way too baby! Alas, its got the same get up as the BMW Mini but just behind the steering wheel instead.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links