Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris T Spirit

Costa Del Solway

Photo attached of the damage the low wall caused when I did not see it sticking out a couple of feet beyond the end of the railings.

Cost of repair........................£1259 :eek:

Thankfully it only cost me £150 excess. I would never have expected it to be that much.

post-96826-068081700 1288730578_thumb.jp

Hi its £1200 for a new front bumper with spraying nothings cheap on a Toyota .

Hi its £1200 for a new front bumper with spraying nothings cheap on a Toyota .

My experience has taught me that the dealerships, regardless of make, always bump up the prices on insurance work. I had a small dent (really small) on my Mazda Rx-8's rear passenger door (aluminium). I asked the dealership for a quote to fix it in 2005.....£1629! They said it needed a new rear door and a full respray of the side of the car. I got it sorted privately at an independent bodyshop in Port Glasgow for less than £500 and that included a respary of the bonnet which loads of stone chips in it. It's a con and we pay the price with over-inflated insurance premimums every year.

Cheers

Dave

Photo attached of the damage the low wall caused when I did not see it sticking out a couple of feet beyond the end of the railings.

Cost of repair........................£1259 :eek:

Thankfully it only cost me £150 excess. I would never have expected it to be that much.

Ouch!!

I had a dented plastic bumper on my gen2, 600 quid to repair it and a couple of minor scratches, at an independent recommended dealer. My local Mr T does not have a body shop, commenting that Toyota recommended repairers are much cheaper and usually very very good, which is what I found.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links