Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Respray Pics

farhanali89

Thought i would compile a thread, my car went in for a respray and i havent updated with any pics for ages so here goes

I had a few defects around the cars body, literally a small dent in different areas and odd scratches, I really wanted to attend to all of them but i didnt want touch ups or odd panel resprays, i thought it would be best to have the whole thing done, I considered white at first but i opted to stick with black solely because i want my next car to be white and there was alot more involved in getting the car painted white properly.

The colour i went for is The Standard Toyota Black, With a Mix of deep black gloss and silver mixed in the laquer, During the night it is a deep gloss black, Under the light it has a mix of silver flake, I never liked my original black paint toyota chose there was always a odd green tinge to it and not a deep black.

Mod List

Engine/Trans

Apexi Power Intake

Exedy Stage 1 Clutch

Hondata Gasket

TRD Short Shifter

Gear Shift Bushings

Shifter Cable Bushings

Electrical

Camcon Awaiting Tune

Suspension

Energy Suspension Motor Mounts

Energy Suspension Front All - Polyurethane Bushings Need To Fit

Energy Suspension Rear Bushes - Need To Fit

D2 Coilovers

Toyo T1R

OZ Superleggera 17 Wheels

Toms Japan Front Strut Brace

TRD Rear Tower Brace - Need To Fit

Body

TTE Front Bumper

8K Hids

TTE Compressor Rear Lip

Misc

HIDS

Heko Deflectors

Sound Install All Purchased Going To Fit Soon

JL Audio XD400/4

JL Audio CP108LG

Alpine 9884R

Alpine SPG-17CS Components

JL Audio Cabling

Stinger Speaker Cabling

Heres some random pics

IMG_0002.jpg

Strip Down

IMG_0007.jpg

Rubbing Down

IMG_0020.jpg

More Removal And Rubbing Down

IMG_0056.jpg

Bumper Primered

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

All grills were removed, fogs etc i didnt manage to get any photos of everything bare before it was all fitted back

Alot of the panels were removed and funnily enough the main part of the work is now done but there are alot of clips and misc bits that still need to go back on,

Side mouldings we are waiting to put back on

Im also on the hunt for some more wheel arches mine are still quite battered.

IMG_0077.jpg

Damn that looks dirty! Timothy Bridges Must be having a heartattack at this point seeing the dirt.

T-Sport786 Was also present during most of the work being carried out hes been extremely helpful during the whole process!

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0111.jpg

While the respray was happening i decided on getting my new wheels sprayed aswell, i went for a deep glossy gunmetal, The photo below just shows the base coat being applied, Apologies for the photo quality all the pics were taken with my iPhone 4 which i thought would have a good picture LOL.

IMG_0133.jpg

Keep posting more bro if you got more pics, this is just getting interesting!!

and if you don't mind me asking how much is a full body respray like this down south? (by 'like this' i mean all legit professionals doing the work not some backstreet lads with a spray gun and no booth).

Sup bro im running out of photos i didnt manage to get as many as i thought i could, I was only able to pop down on the weekends as i work during the week.

It really depends bro, Estimate it around 1400-2000

I had it done for the lowest part of that region because i helped alot on saturdays by removing so many parts, We had aerial out, Tailgate, Door Cards, Rear Glass, Bonnet, Bumpers, Arches, Side Moldings, Skirts, Door Handles.

Its alot cheaper when you are not changing colour because even though the door cards and everything were removed all that is required when keeping the same color will be a blow over into the inner doors. It would have cost me a fair bit more to go white aswell so i opted out in the end.

heres some photos once it was out,

IMG_0143.jpg

We are still waiting to put my side mouldings back on, Waiting for some specific 3M Trim Adhesive and also to let the paint cure so it can be flattened and polished prior to fitting them back on.

There is still a comfortable month of work to be done, Which includes letting the paint settle and getting everything put back on properly, I have the car back but the interior is a mess, The boots stripped out, The cars on like 4x4 height lol.

I got the car back on saturday but it hasnt been washed at all yet and when i finish work its far to dark to do anything. Hopefully more pics this weekend if i can but it goes back into the body shop for polishing and fitting of some more body parts.

I aim to get started on my sound install in two weeks, I have placed a huge order on detailing goodies,

Thanks to tim again for all the advise and help on paint protection,

My pleasure !Removed!. Thing is who be using those products on your car!!!! :D

Pics look even better bigger, keep this thread going bro :thumbsup:

Farhan bro the car looks amazing man!! that price is a lot of money for a respray man but obviously you got the real deal around here i'd pay around £1000 for a full body respray. personally i'm deffo glad you didn't go down the white route man that shizzle is a pure turn off! new wheels look sik, what have you done with your boosts? also is there any chance you still got your original t-sport alloys lying around?

if i wasn't so far away i'd wana come drive it lol i've never driven or sat in a t-sport. you boys in London know how to do it big up here the most you'll see is wheels, drop, tints maybe a system etc nothing on this scale. obv there are some that are into it but not as much as down south.

CorollaD4D - where abouts did you go for your respray, i take it its around yorkshire area? that price is not too bad tbh, was expecting £2000+

That looks awesome mate, please keep the pics coming

That's some good stuff there mate! Good colour choice too.

Rims are sweet, but I swear you change them every week lol. This jut gets me excited about having the GTi sorted so soon! :lol:

CorollaD4D - where abouts did you go for your respray, i take it its around yorkshire area? that price is not too bad tbh, was expecting £2000+

i didn't have my car resprayed that quote was just generated in convo when i was having some accident damage repaired. around west yorkshire spectrum autos is the best or another lad called Porky although he doesn't have a website. and don't be put off by the amateuristic website of spectrum.

i had my passenger wing replaced and sprayed. one of my mates says to me "they've done a sh*t job, you tell a mile off the drivers wing has been painted" for me that said it all lol.

also please don't come hunting me down if your quote doesn't match mine. i know the guy personally and take him thousands of pounds worth of work each year through my business.

but I swear you change them every week lol.

i thought it, you said it lol.

you can get the car wrapped these days, looks the job if you go to the right people too, plus saves your original paint from getting any scratches!

etihad the wrap is a good option but a wrap can never give you the depth glossy look that 'real' paint with many layers can do i find. however wrap is really good for saving paint my friends hire company whichever car he buys he gets the front wings, bumper and bonnet wrapped to save from chips. when come to sell the car peel it away and you got pristine chip-free paint underneath!

bruv i just noticed your windows are not tinted at all? each to their own but i like the look of some medium shade tints on the rear 3 and light tints on the front 2?

yeah, i agree wrap will never look as good as paint, but the only time i'll get wrap is if I decide to go for a matte black for my compressor, which i'm considering..any thoughts?

I've seen acouple of wrapped chrome cars in bradford they look wayyy to cheap to the point where it's not nice.

cheers guys, i removed all my tint i didnt like it at all.

Got a new photo i snapped earlier today at work!

on a serious note the side mouldings need to go back on, Im rubbing the glue down and its proving a nightmare? Any tips

Want them back on asap really dont like the car without them :(

acetone aka nail polish remover. just do a test sample on a small area first, it might attack the paint or plastic!!

will try that! if it removes the paint hes respraying the mouldings, Iv been out there in the cold with a steam cleaner and goo gone for ages, managed to get 2 of the smaller mouldings done, and 1 longer one is pretty much nearly done.

Cheers sanj

cheers guys, i removed all my tint i didnt like it at all.

Got a new photo i snapped earlier today at work!

on a serious note the side mouldings need to go back on, Im rubbing the glue down and its proving a nightmare? Any tips

Want them back on asap really dont like the car without them :(

i feel naked if i drive a car which doesn't have tints lol!

have you tried tar and glue remover? some form of which should be part of your detailing bundle you've ordered :P the autosmart stuff is good spray on and the autoglym is good stuff too perfect for removing glue residues when you remove old tax disc holders/debadge the car etc etc

yeah, i agree wrap will never look as good as paint, but the only time i'll get wrap is if I decide to go for a matte black for my compressor, which i'm considering..any thoughts?

I've seen acouple of wrapped chrome cars in bradford they look wayyy to cheap to the point where it's not nice.

lol have you seen that 6 series bmw someone wrapped chrome? eurghhh looks disgusting. i've only ever seen a ferrari 599 and a 535d m sport wrapped matte black in the flesh and both were done tastfully with contrasting shiny black details both looked really good. you have to be able to 'see' the car in matte black and then decide which bits to paint shiny black etc that visionary thinking i've never had probably never will.

ah dude i have goo gone and stuff, need to look into tardis but the adhesive is just difficult to get off going to have a crack at the last one tomorow, i now know one will need a blow over on just the edge to look tidy, but thats just me being fussy.

Wish me luck i want them back on saturday! i hate the car without them!

just another quick snap, car hasnt been washed since coming back but i will be cleaning it on saturday before i head to the body shop again to figure out the side moulding business, just for the record the side mouldings cost around 40 quid a piece from mr t!

so i think i will refrain from buying new and try my best to get the damn glue off.

Also serviced the car again, dedicated oil changes every 5k, Also topped up the coolant, cost 27quid from toyota blink.gif

All nice and ready for the colder months!

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

Yeah there is the chrome bmw 6 series and a land rover, both look crap. On Leeds road there is an Audi A6 which is half orange half black. Well I'm thinking matte black for the body and metallic black for the spoiler.