Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auxillary Belt On A T - Sport

eddieinvader

I phoned the local Toyota dealer today and asked about a new Aux drive belt...He said he was having problems getting them and that his supplier in England was out of them and it might be up to 10 days before he would have stock of them and that I should buy a belt from my local car shop.... I asked would I need a tensioner and he said no I asked did Gates make the Toyota belts he said yes..... Called into the local car shop gave him my reg and up came 1.8 tport on his screen and he had one for the tsport and it was a "Continental Contitech 6PK 1693"

The cardboard box the belt came in had Germany written all over it ...German website name etc....On the belt itself it said "Contitech Made in UK"...the guy in the shop thinks Contitech Belts are made by Gates as are Toyota ones...

Just thought I would share this info..

I phoned the local Toyota dealer today and asked about a new Aux drive belt...He said he was having problems getting them and that his supplier in England was out of them and it might be up to 10 days before he would have stock of them and that I should buy a belt from my local car shop.... I asked would I need a tensioner and he said no I asked did Gates make the Toyota belts he said yes..... Called into the local car shop gave him my reg and up came 1.8 tport on his screen and he had one for the tsport and it was a "Continental Contitech 6PK 1693"

The cardboard box the belt came in had Germany written all over it ...German website name etc....On the belt itself it said "Contitech Made in UK"...the guy in the shop thinks Contitech Belts are made by Gates as are Toyota ones...

Good information, it's nice to share :thumbsup:

Hi guys after some advice on this. I was going to change mine as it has done 60k. Had a fella at mr t's check it and he recons it is fine, he said they check them at 60k and if they look ok they leave it up to the owner to decide if they want to change them or not.

How often do you change yours and do you think I should change it anyway.

Also £36.00 for a friggin belt what the :blink:

Thanks. :thumbsup:

I did mine at 100k but if you see cracks across the ribs its time to change. They are not expensive from where i purchase my bits. around £10 inc delivery for a TS. i ordered one from them, didnt check for the maker of it but it looked as good as the original in weight, material etc. they were 6 quid but

gone up a little. :rolleyes:

http://www.thehappymotorist.co.uk/fan-belts/fan-belts2.php?vid=2401&Manufacturer=TOYOTA&Make=COROLLA

You just require a breaker bar with a socket (17mm hex, me thinks) that fits on to the belt tensioner release nut. 5 min. job. Draw out the route of the belt around pulleys before you take out the old belt.

Good information, it's nice to share :thumbsup:

Mine went in today, a day late and it has the same belt as mentioned above, well happy now as oil and filter done aswell, book stamped, job done :thumbsup: