Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is The Aygo A Girls Car

ChillAygo

I often wondered why they market the car as a young persons car rather than as a family second car or a cheap commuter car. Girls tend to like Beetles rather than Aygo's.....

The Aygo is "All things to many people"

It is a non gender specific, ageless car

A"Peoples" car...................(I have heard that somewhere before :eek: )

Absolutely not a girl's car. In fact, I think the concept of 'girls cars' is pretty dated.

Absolutely not. My wife's Aygo was bought by me, it gets filled up by me, it gets driven by me if we are out together, it gets driven by me if it's raining and my Prius is clean (I know, I know) so it's a 2nd family runabout...

:yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

I think just because it's small less powerful car it would be traditionally described as a girls car. Although I would hope that it isn't as I got this car soley as a commuter car. I've had it a month now, done 2k miles and i've saved over £200 in fuel compared to my other cars (a XK8 and CLK). Brilliant little motor. :)

When it comes to womens cars, the new Beetle and new Mini definatley spring to mind. ;)

No, & if anyone says it is i'll scratch their eyes out.

But my wife & two teenage daughters insist on calling our Aygo 'Mitzy' purely i'm sure because they know it winds me up. (but we all agree it's the best car we've ever had, for several different reasons)

I got my daughter an AYGO SPORT and i use it more than her, its ageless,non gender specific and a laugh to drive . It was never bought as a little car for the daughter to have, it was a financial purchase due to the insurance being group 1 and the road tax only £20.00 a year, which is very handy as i pay the bills !

Just look at Aygos when you are out on the road - most of them are driven by girls

That's 'cos they won't let the guys get them.... :thumbsup:

Is the Aygo a girls car?

Is there such a thing as a 'girls car'? There are big cars & there are small cars. You probably see young girls driving Aygos purely because they are a cheap car to run. Which is exactly the reason I switched from driving a Honda Accord to the Aygo & I know which one i'd rather have, in fact I wished i'd switched sooner & saved myself a small fortune. But hey, if you're worried about what people think & your masculinity, go out & buy a Ford pickup & wear a cowboy hat.

I hate to say it but, maybe a little. There are certainly more driven by girls where I live.

However, I stand by a comment I made a while ago.. The Aygo is more like the original Mini than the new Mini. Small, classless, cheap, economical and fun to drive.

Yeah, girl's car. I just use mine to potter to the shops and stuff :thumbsup:

IMG_0179.jpg

tss_woodbridge_2010.jpg

The Aygo has never been beaten in the Toyota Sprint Series, class winner 2009 and 2010 :toast:

So both a boy's and girl's car I would say :yahoo:

Paul.

:lol:

Great shots Paul :thumbsup:

I see your attempts to stop it cocking a leg going round corners still hasn't panned out tho'! :lol:

• 1 month later...

Aygo is a girly car. No doubt about it. Any guy driving it will look like a pansy. There is nothing manly in it haha

Aygo is a girly car. No doubt about it. Any guy driving it will look like a pansy. There is nothing manly in it haha

That's just because it's your wife's car.

The idea of gender-based, feminine/masculine, mens/women's cars is thoroughly dated, coming from someone who's a student. The Aygo is a car for both sexes. I've never heard anyone say the Aygo is a girl's car. The occasional mention on here is the first I've heard of such an idea, and I'm a member of quite a few car forums!

Anyway I don't think it should matter either way. Entirely daft thread in my opinion! :P

Personally anyone with decent taste in cars will like the no nonense Aygo. So if it's only girls who have taste, then yes the Aygo is a girls car!

Seriously tho, i agree with the comments above. The notion of female/male cars is outdated and comes from a time when the man had a bigger car and women drove dinky little vehicles brought by their husbands to ferry the kids around (1930's).

small_cars_11.jpg

I got more comments about being "girly" on my Nissan 100NX than I do on my Aygo.

Even though the Nissan was bigger and could be seen as a Sports Coupe...

To each their own, I like my car and especialy its fuel consumption:

it's over twice as economical that the 100NX was!

Id agree its a genderless car, until it comes to how the car is personalised, maybe its just me but i would think it would add to how hot a girl was if she drove one though? :D