Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 Things I Hate About My 2006 Avensis T3-X ....

mungo

Number 1; That useless automatic rain sensor that is far too sensitive. Can I have a normal intermittent wiper control please? In drizzle, I end up cussing like mad.

Number 2; That sodding alarm beep if the driver's door is open with the keys in the ignition

Number 3. The rear shelf roller thing (it's an estate) which for some reason weighs a ton, much more than in any other car I've had.

I love the rest, especially the fantastic diesel economy.

Rant over

Number 1; That useless automatic rain sensor that is far too sensitive. Can I have a normal intermittent wiper control please? In drizzle, I end up cussing like mad.

Number 2; That sodding alarm beep if the driver's door is open with the keys in the ignition

Number 3. The rear shelf roller thing (it's an estate) which for some reason weighs a ton, much more than in any other car I've had.

I love the rest, especially the fantastic diesel economy.

Rant over

The intermittent wiper has an adjustment on the stalk. It's a small dial numbered to select the sensitivity that suits.

The key alarm is to remind you to remove the keys for security.

Can't comment on the shelf roller as I don't have the estate.

There is no such thing as perfection so enjoy the bit that you love.

Regards Fitter

My biggest gripe about my 54 D4D T2, but it probably applies to many more makes and models, is the use of "space saver" wheels.

What a load of c*ck!! I actually measured the space available in the boot-well which is currently occupied by a thin "space-saver" wheel and a thick foam spacer. The boot well could easily house a conventional wheel. The cynic in me is saying that this is a cheap money saving ploy by certain car manufacturers.

The reason why this particular thing annoys the crap out of me, is I have been caught out before in the Scottish Highlands on a Sunday night with a puncture equipped only with a "space-saver" wheel capable of 50mph and a 300 mile limit. Great, really looking forward to that 400 mile drive home................not!!

Why do people not check before they buy,I have a t-spirit and have no complaints.

These things don't put me off, they are only little things compared to the roominess, great economy and (so far) reliability. I just wish I could disable the key alarm thingy, and as for the automatic wiper control, it's already turned down to minimum sensitivity. It still doesn't work properly and goes bonkers with even a little drizzle.