Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Recall - Power Steering

LA-LA

Hello From Snowy Finland!

Mine were on garage just yesterday: The unit needed to changed, software upgrading were not possible.

In local Mr. T. they dissassembled the whole dashboard, took off steering wheel, and several components from

"engine department". Everything were reassembled very neatly back, only clock were not in right time...

I saw a "tech doc" which contained at least dozen pages how to proceed that operation in order.

I heard I have now the latest software version for everything (motor, ESP, ABS etc). I noticed some more torque

in low revs when driving in snow (easier) also when starting to move from stop position in easier (it used to stall).

Also ESP works faster and do not "wail about everything". I had nothing wrong with steering.

They even gave me a courtesy car for servicing period (it too two days). And from now on upgrading is possible if...

So I feel like Toyota likes to take care about customers.

I have iQ "1", registered at 7/2009 as new after three months wait.

FinniQ

P.S.: Here's -4 Centigrade and snowing.

Had over 20 cm already...

Mine were on garage just yesterday: The unit needed to changed, software upgrading were not possible.

In local Mr. T. they dissassembled the whole dashboard, took off steering wheel, and several components from

"engine department". Everything were reassembled very neatly back, only clock were not in right time...

I saw a "tech doc" which contained at least dozen pages how to proceed that operation in order.

I heard I have now the latest software version for everything (motor, ESP, ABS etc). I noticed some more torque

in low revs when driving in snow (easier) also when starting to move from stop position in easier (it used to stall).

Also ESP works faster and do not "wail about everything". I had nothing wrong with steering.

They even gave me a courtesy car for servicing period (it too two days). And from now on upgrading is possible if...

FinniQ

Very interesting post FinniQ, thanks for the info.

I think it is going to snow here today too!

got mine to-day to just waiting now for mr t to contact me, hope to have a 1st service at the same time.

got mine to-day to just waiting now for mr t to contact me, hope to have a 1st service at the same time.

My local MrT rang today to say they are waiting for the software to become available in the UK.

They are keen to help but can't do anything without the software update obviously.

On another matter...I noticed today I hit my head on the lower edge of the "hatch" after opening it.

It had not raised itself to it's normal fully open position, as it usually does, so I leant forward and clonked myself!

Has anyone else had this problem..not a big one but can give your head a bit of a knock if you are not aware.

I told MrT and they are adding it to the list: fuel sensor fix, steering upgrade, hatch ram rectification.Busy boys.

I'm only getting mine done if it's just a software upgrade, no way i'm having my dash pulled to bits! :angry:

Some will be OK with a software update but not all

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'm only getting mine done if it's just a software upgrade, no way i'm having my dash pulled to bits! :angry:

Cheers, mines only 4 weeks old, I'm really pleased with it and don't want it pulled to bits, a cars never the same when its been disassembled!

• Like 1

I hope so :fear: i don't like the idea of the car being pulled to bits ether :eek:

My car drives fine.

Cheers, mines only 4 weeks old, I'm really pleased with it and don't want it pulled to bits, a cars never the same when its been disassembled!

+1

cars are never the same when its been disassembled!

I received my letter from VOSA this week and was hoping it would have details on how to book it in, because I'm off next week, but it just told me what I already know and said they will contact me with further information.

I received my letter from VOSA this week and was hoping it would have details on how to book it in, because I'm off next week, but it just told me what I already know and said they will contact me with further information.

Hi all,

I got my VOSA letter last week also,i already had my iQ booked in for its 2nd service, so i decided to pop into the dealer today to ask about the recall and i was pleased to be told that it has already been added as part of the service.

If you're in two minds what to do, then give your local toyota dealer a quick ring and i'm sure they'll be pleased to advise you!

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for my follow up letter, so I know what work needs doing and when. I really hope mine's just a software upgrade and not dash strip down.

Not too pleased about this recall (hey I'm called grumpy for a reason!) as I got my girlfriend to replace her Honda with a Toyota as I was pleased with my Prius. She was concerned about the Prius recalls earlier in the year and I told her not to worry, it's a one off, Toyota are rock solid etc etc.

She bought a brand new IQ and loves it, well until about 4 weeks after it was delivered and she got the recall notice in the post. Ah, it's a one off love, don't worry about it I told her. She has had Hondas and Vauxhalls and Fords in the past and none of them got a recall whilst she owned them, but now we're a two Toyota household and they've both been recalled! :eek: I was out of favour and in the bad books for a week and she still gives me a funny look whenever any friends or family mention Toyotas and recalls.

The IQ is still a great car though - esp that turning circle :thumbsup:

At least Toyota are acknowledging a possible problem and recalling the relevant cars. Something which Vauxhall and possibly Ford would not do regarding a known fault until embarrassed by a U.K. television programme item. (BBC Watchdog, Meriva electric power steering failures). :angry:

FinniQ

Having had the recall done and software updated, it does seem that low speed pick-up (driving off from a stop) is easier, as if the low speed torque has been increased. I presume that can be done by remapping the ecu, by software.

Could just be my imagination, of course!

Not too pleased about this recall (hey I'm called grumpy for a reason!) as I got my girlfriend to replace her Honda with a Toyota

Send her to the VOSA recall page for HONDA the one for FORD is here. It makes me smile when people say their particular brand has never had a recall, bollards! Every manufacturer has recalls and Toyota's is STILL one of the lowest regardless of the urban myth might be

tonyishuk still waiting for dealer to contact me !!!! So much for customer service ;-(.

Customer recall will be rolled out over a period of time, you cannot have every customer coming into the dealership in the same week! You will be contacted as soon as there is sufficient parts/ software / or when your name comes up on the next mailshot. Don't panic at this stage, it will be completed as soon as possible

lol, Mr King, I wouldn't be as rediculous to say they never had recalls. I had a Peugeot and that was recalled more times than I've changed the oil in my Prius!

My girlfriend has had new cars before and keeps them a year or two and she was lucky in that none of them were ever recalled during her ownership. She gets a Toyota and within 4 weeks she gets a letter from Vosa. Indeed it's good that Toyota are working to sort problems out etc, but its loads of egg on my face for convincing her to get one.

She still loves the car though.

tonyishuk still waiting for dealer to contact me !!!! So much for customer service ;-(.

Customer recall will be rolled out over a period of time, you cannot have every customer coming into the dealership in the same week! You will be contacted as soon as there is sufficient parts/ software / or when your name comes up on the next mailshot. Don't panic at this stage, it will be completed as soon as possible

Thanks for the thought !, I will wait in expectation :yahoo: but I think it is more a case of :ermm: with this dealer.

Rgds

Last night had a strange thing happen with our 2010 IQ2.

We've received the recall letter and are awaiting further cintact from our local dealer in Derby.

My wife turned to enter our driveway, perhaps 3-4 mph as usual, the IQ would not allow her to straighten the wheel and she consequently ran through a small entrance shrub, cracking off a small piece of the front bumper.

She also strained her wrist at the attempt to avoid the shrub, theres no further damage but it shook her up and now she won't drive it.

I also add that it was not icy and she's been doing this manoeuvre for the last 10 years.

The only link we have to the steering recall reason ( rumble strips ) is that our driveway has a 2 cm kerbside lip just in front of the point where the event occured.

We have of course reported it to the local dealer.

We will keep this forum updated but please feel free to ask any questions or suggestions.

I am wondering if the IQ is safe to drive in the ice ??

If the steering is affected by rumble strips, quite what running over frozen ice patches will do to it I wonder ??

Slightly OT but I find driving in ""S"" mode on the automatic at slow speeds on bad snow/ice roads gives a little more control over the engine and engine braking than the ""D"" setting.

Rgds