Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Iq Recall - Power Steering

LA-LA

There is no doubt Toyota is a brand by itself,but Toyota are the finest cars in the world.Toyota has the largest share of their products in markets like the US,UAE, Saudi Arabia,Australia etc.There's hardly any complaint in their products.And most customers are a satisfied lot.

• 3 weeks later...

There is no doubt Toyota is a brand by itself,but Toyota are the finest cars in the world.Toyota has the largest share of their products in markets like the US,UAE, Saudi Arabia,Australia etc.There's hardly any complaint in their products.And most customers are a satisfied lot.

And what has this to do with the recall on the IQ?

tonyishuk still waiting for dealer to contact me !!!! So much for customer service ;-(.

Customer recall will be rolled out over a period of time, you cannot have every customer coming into the dealership in the same week! You will be contacted as soon as there is sufficient parts/ software / or when your name comes up on the next mailshot. Don't panic at this stage, it will be completed as soon as possible

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for the thought !, I will wait in expectation :yahoo: but I think it is more a case of :ermm: with this dealer.

Rgds

Still waiting !! (or is it me expecting too much ? ) :wacko:

I've received another letter from Toyota, but haven't been able to collect it from the house yet. Hopefully it will let me know what I need to do about my iQ3's recall.

If this helps on the steering recall.

As a result of the link here, I checked with the Toyota webpage noted qualified for the recall.

Local Dealer called soon after to advice that I had to wait for a recall letter.

On receipt of the recall letter - booked the car in.

Software of the unit has been updated - NO PARTS required.

hour and a half for mine, but then it was only a software upgrade. i think it depends on the chassis number and if its just software or new parts required job

hour and a half for mine, but then it was only a software upgrade. i think it depends on the chassis number and if its just software or new parts required job

Fixed the steering problem, replaced the fuel sender unit, lubricated the rear hatch, did the requisite safety inspection and gave the car a wash and valet in about two and a half hours.No charge of course.

Just got my letter today.

Phoned to book it in when checked on the system was told that the steering colum will need replacing up to 2 days in the garage. Getting a curtious car but not sure if I want them taking my dashboard to bits to get that sorted :angry:

Do you think this will definitely need done I agree with some people things don't go back together right after being taken to bits.

Just got my letter today.

Phoned to book it in when checked on the system was told that the steering colum will need replacing up to 2 days in the garage. Getting a curtious car but not sure if I want them taking my dashboard to bits to get that sorted :angry:

Do you think this will definitely need done I agree with some people things don't go back together right after being taken to bits.

They had to take the dash apart to replace the trip computer without any ill effects on our IQ, but I can understand your concern.

Could help of course, if you have an annoying rattle for example, taking things apart and replacing them without the time stress of a production line might actually mean it is put together more carefully and the rattle might disappear!

The opposite could also happen of course, a rattle might arise that was absent before.

If you do get it done, it might be an idea to agree with the service manager the state of your cars interior, scratches or marks etc, so that anything added while being worked on must have been caused by them and would have to repaired by them.

I think I would get the work done though, the software update part of the work does seem to give the engine a bit more low speed torque which really helped in the snow and ice.(As I said before in a different thread, it could just be my imagination that the ecu has been affected by the software update, but it certainly feels like it to me!)

tonyishuk still waiting for dealer to contact me !!!! So much for customer service ;-(.

Customer recall will be rolled out over a period of time, you cannot have every customer coming into the dealership in the same week! You will be contacted as soon as there is sufficient parts/ software / or when your name comes up on the next mailshot. Don't panic at this stage, it will be completed as soon as possible

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for the thought !, I will wait in expectation :yahoo: but I think it is more a case of :ermm: with this dealer.

Rgds

Still waiting !! (or is it me expecting too much ? ) :wacko:

I gave in and visted the Dealer and asked if the Dealer should have contacted me, No-one seemed to know, however the receptionist said that the matter was nothing to do with her ! (Probably correct on that !)

They are collecting the car (No loan car availiable) to change the steering column, I was told it would take a couple of hours and they would bring thecar back, (I thought at the time ???????????????)

I see in the thread that a fellow IQ owner will have his car way for two days whilst his column is changed.

Have I receiving super service ? :yahoo: or should I be worried ? :eek:

Rgds

I received my follow-up letter asking me to contact my local dealer, so I did yesterday and it's booked in for next Friday. They've already done a few.

My iQ3 was brand new in September 2009, doesn't have the fault (I've driven on roads and surfaces that match Toyota's description) and requires the full dash strip down to replace the steering unit.

I'm disappointed that my first new car has to go through this and isn't just the ECU update, particularly as the iQ was two years into its production when I got it. I would expect a fault like this to have been found in its first year. This means my new car will have had more work done than any of my used cars. :(

Got my letter friday - booked in for today - picking up in 30 minutes

Had to have the full works not just the software

What did you think of the work when you collected it? Could you tell the dash had been stripped down?

I have an IQ1 bought in June 2010 and I just rang up after receiving my recall letter. They need to order in a part and the work is expected to take 3hrs (ish). They said they wouldnt be sure how long it would take until they took it apart, which sounded a bit major...

Im hoping the part is a chip and not a rebuilding of the steering :huh:

PS: They wouldnt let me have it done on a weekend ('not for this type of work'), so have to take a day off work to get it done, Grrr

Didnt manage to get a look till this morning as it was dark when I picked it up - couldnt tell they had it in bits all looks fine, no additional :) scratches or wobbles.

Only thing I would say and not sure if this is all in my mind but the steering seems stronger now, like they have upped the power to the power steering a touch.

Am a bit miffed.......Toyota say it'll take 3 hours.

OK so I said I will need courtesy car....erm it'll cost me £10 excess on insurance or risk £500 payout if accident. I am careful driver but dare not risk it, on other hand am not paying out £10!

So guess what??? I will be taking a good book, paper and loadsa food to keep me going while I wait the 3 hours in their waiting room. They do have a free coffee machine - oh gee wow!!!

They are in the middle of an industrial estate so nowhere else to go....sighs

OK so I said I will need courtesy car....erm it'll cost me £10 excess on insurance or risk £500 payout if accident. I am careful driver but dare not risk it, on other hand am not paying out £10!

So guess what??? I will be taking a good book, paper and loadsa food to keep me going while I wait the 3 hours in their waiting room. They do have a free coffee machine - oh gee wow!!!

When I arranged for mine to be done, service person 1 said "as it is a recall the insurance on the courtesy car will be waived".

When I took it in, service person 2 said "Do you know you will have to pay insurance fot the courtesy car?", to which I replied that service person 1 said it would not be charged and service person 2 then said "Oh,OK, that's fine"

Seems a bit arbitary..they can charge it if they want, or not, as the case may be. I bet if I regularly bought a new Land Cruiser and a Prius for the family, to keep me sweet the charge would always be waived when service time came round.

Perhaps you could suggest as it is their fault (a recall) the charge for insurance should not be applied, though I expect it varies from dealer to dealer.

When I arranged for mine to be done, service person 1 said "as it is a recall the insurance on the courtesy car will be waived".

When I took it in, service person 2 said "Do you know you will have to pay insurance fot the courtesy car?", to which I replied that service person 1 said it would not be charged and service person 2 then said "Oh,OK, that's fine"

Seems a bit arbitary..they can charge it if they want, or not, as the case may be. I bet if I regularly bought a new Land Cruiser and a Prius for the family, to keep me sweet the charge would always be waived when service time came round.

Perhaps you could suggest as it is their fault (a recall) the charge for insurance should not be applied, though I expect it varies from dealer to dealer.

I did object but they said its insurance policy - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Will be many pestering noises while I wait!

I did object but they said its insurance policy - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Will be many pestering noises while I wait!

But they could easily absorb the insurance cost into their overheads for special cases, such as a recall.

Really, you shouldn't be inconvenienced or exposed to any additional expense because of a fault caused by Toyota.

It is not good for customer relations and your annoyance is testament to that, all for the sake of £10.

Ye gods!

I have an IQ1 bought in June 2010 and I just rang up after receiving my recall letter. They need to order in a part and the work is expected to take 3hrs (ish). They said they wouldnt be sure how long it would take until they took it apart, which sounded a bit major...

Im hoping the part is a chip and not a rebuilding of the steering

If it was just the ECU update, it wouldn't be a three hour job.

Mine's going in tomorrow for the dash strip down and they said they would drop me off at work and collect me when it's done. They didn't offer me a courtesy car.

I see in the thread that a fellow IQ owner will have his car way for two days whilst his column is changed.

Have I receiving super service ? :yahoo: or should I be worried ? :eek:

Rgds

Dealer collected the car, and it was returned in 4 hours complete with wash and hoover out.

Pleased to say that the customer service seems to be improving, maybe someone was watching Mary Portas on TV !!

(For our non UK friends, Mary P is a high powered business woman who is kicking a*se about shoddy customer service in our High Street shops)

Rgds

I dropped my car off at 8 and was then promptly taken to work. They are going to phone me when it's done and then arrange to collect me.

For the dash strip down work they actually replace the entire steering column. They said they've done a few of these already, so at least mine isn't the trial run.

I've just been called to say they've stripped it down ready to replace the steering column and then discovered the replacement part is wrong, so they're putting it back together and it's booked in for 3 Feb.

I was disappointed my new car had to go through so much work and now it has got to go through it again. I hope this doesn't affect the quality of the dash's build and doesn't lead to rattles or squeaks.