Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Recall - Power Steering

LA-LA

I haven't received any vouchers.

Each time my car went in, all the clocks had been reset, as had the radio and its settings. Not the odo though.

Ahh thatll explain why the clock was wrong when mine was done, makes sense i guess.

Had mine done by RMB stockton, full credit to them - they picked it up from my place work and dropped it back off for me.

no problems to report

Not filled in any forms? Not got any vouchers! Steering wheel off centre.......hmmmmm me thinks our Mr T doesnt do anything special :yawn:

Customers should get the proper customer service

& attention to detail automatically,

& not need to promt it.

If you havnt, then make sure the Managing Director & Toyota are made aware of it.

Written letters & Emails with a note of everyone you are forwarding the Email to, normally gets their attention.

(it doesnt matter if its a service/work you are paying for,

or warranty work.)

The vehicles mileage should always be noted when the keys

& the vehicle are dropped off.

If work on a vehicle requires the Battery to be disconected,

then its just the correct procedure that the Clock, radio etc are reset afterwards.

(if they dont do these basics, then can you trust them to have done the more important checks?)

With a steering issue or any drivetrain, brakes etc, a roadtest should be carried out, thats buy an experienced mechanic, not some 2nd year appentice or fitter.

If its warranty work,

you are entitled to have fuel replaced or at least some other gesture of compensation. voucher etc.

Not everyone would like someone else adding fuel to their vehicle.

The least you should expect is your vehicle returned to you, the extra mileage explained

& noted when you sign to recieve the vehicle back.

I fail to understand why someone would collect a car that had the steering wheel back on squint & the clock wrongly set!

You just park up,

go back in & insist on the things rectified right away.

Or if you dont find out for awhile,

get them to collect the vehicle for the 2nd attempt at doing the job correctly.

I dont like causing a scene (much),

but i was trained properly in the motor trade & cant stand people to lazy to do their job properly,

it often takes less time & expense to do a good job than the little short cuts & lazy habbits that are common now.

george

Customers should get the proper customer service

& attention to detail automatically,

& not need to promt it.

If you havnt, then make sure the Managing Director & Toyota are made aware of it.

Written letters & Emails with a note of everyone you are forwarding the Email to, normally gets their attention.

(it doesnt matter if its a service/work you are paying for,

or warranty work.)

The vehicles mileage should always be noted when the keys

& the vehicle are dropped off.

If work on a vehicle requires the battery to be disconected,

then its just the correct procedure that the Clock, radio etc are reset afterwards.

(if they dont do these basics, then can you trust them to have done the more important checks?)

With a steering issue or any drivetrain, brakes etc, a roadtest should be carried out, thats buy an experienced mechanic, not some 2nd year appentice or fitter.

If its warranty work,

you are entitled to have fuel replaced or at least some other gesture of compensation. voucher etc.

Not everyone would like someone else adding fuel to their vehicle.

The least you should expect is your vehicle returned to you, the extra mileage explained

& noted when you sign to recieve the vehicle back.

I fail to understand why someone would collect a car that had the steering wheel back on squint & the clock wrongly set!

You just park up,

go back in & insist on the things rectified right away.

Or if you dont find out for awhile,

get them to collect the vehicle for the 2nd attempt at doing the job correctly.

I dont like causing a scene (much),

but i was trained properly in the motor trade & cant stand people to lazy to do their job properly,

it often takes less time & expense to do a good job than the little short cuts & lazy habbits that are common now.

george

If only things could be as you say!

I am not satisfied with my MrT service department because things are not quite as they say.

There are two things that are bugging me at the moment:

My IQ was uplifted, serviced and returned. No problem, great system, except the seat was not where I left it, the heater controls completely altered and the radio retuned to some weird channel, none of which should have happened.

The service advisor then rang to report on some specific work I had asked to be done, and when he had finished I asked if the brake fluid had been changed as is advised by Toyota but not listed as a mandatory part of the service.

He said yes it had been changed, as there was enough money in my service plan "pot" to pay for it.

He also said, when asked, that they always now quote the cost of a 2nd service as including the fluid change but they will not say that the customer has the right not to have it done. £65 +vat extra is a lot for me had I being paying for the service by cash.

In the past I have been asked if I wanted it done or not.

Ok it is a safety item, but I have checked my fluid for moisture content and after 2 years it is fine, and the change should be optional OR definitely included in the official service requirements.

The real problem is though, having checked the master cylinder it looks to me that it is still the old fluid that is in it at exactly the same level as before and the cover has not been disturbed.

The service paperwork, also, where it says "change brake fluid" has no ticks in the boxes.

So the bottom line is, I was told the fluid was changed but is hasn't been, but would have been charged for it if I was not on a service plan.

That is not right.

Also, later in the service summary it says some items could not be checked "because car was too dirty for proper checks to be made"

My car had been pressure washed underneath quite recently and for a service costing about £200 one would expect the "technician" to make an effort even if the car was a bit dirty underneath.What do they expect, total spotlessness?

Anyway I have e-mailed the service department about these things but of course have had no reply, and probably will not get one.However if I get one of these Toyota customer service questionaires I will make sure I say what I think.

The service documentation actually says on the bottom "please make sure you tell Toyota that you are completely satisfied with this service".

I don't think so. It takes me back to the bad old days in the 70s and 80s when you were at the mercy of some garages but you don't expect it from Toyota.

It has been just over a week since I took the car back to sort out the pulling to the right issue and it still pulls to the right no matter what type of roads I drive on and after checking my tyre pressures. They said they tried adjusting the steering column to no avail so had a full wheel alignment done, but how changing an internal component affected the external adjustments in the first place, such as track rod ends, I have no idea.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and get it booked in again and I will keep taking it back until it drives the same way as it did before it went it for work to fix a problem that it never had. I really wish mine was the software upgrade. Actually, what with this and the awful real world MPG for such a small, light car I'm starting to wish I never bought the iQ at all. It's not turning out to be a good first new car experience.

It has been just over a week since I took the car back to sort out the pulling to the right issue and it still pulls to the right no matter what type of roads I drive on and after checking my tyre pressures. They said they tried adjusting the steering column to no avail so had a full wheel alignment done, but how changing an internal component affected the external adjustments in the first place, such as track rod ends, I have no idea.

I'm going to call them tomorrow and get it booked in again and I will keep taking it back until it drives the same way as it did before it went it for work to fix a problem that it never had. I really wish mine was the software upgrade. Actually, what with this and the awful real world MPG for such a small, light car I'm starting to wish I never bought the iQ at all. It's not turning out to be a good first new car experience.

Is it actually "pulling to the right" or is the steering wheel just not centred when moving straight ahead on a level road?

I thought the problem was the latter, which is possible when a column is removed and replaced in the wrong rotational alignment.That makes it seem that the track rod ends are out of adjustment, but actually it is just that the wheel is not in the correct position relative to the steering rack.

If it is the former, then pulling can be due to brake problems, tyre pressures or road wheel alignment, none of which should have been affected by changing the column.

I suppose it could be possible that the power steering is trying to "assist" the steering in one direction while travelling straight ahead and causing the pulling, if that is what the problem is.That would unlikely but who knows?

As you say keep at it until it is fixed.

Don't give up on your IQ.

For my sins I have just ordered another having been delighted with my first one for 2 years (not so delighted with the front of house service person, but the car is great).I'll have to wait 20 weeks for the one I want but that will give me time to save up a bit to help pay for it!

My mpg has been good, over 60+ on a run, so I am happy with that.

The odometer shouldn't be affected.Has someone been on an extended "road test"?

The "Just used to pick up some spares" would probably not decrease the fuel consumption figure ??? Next brimful, I will check agsain and go back and ask with my Excel spreadsheet in hand.

Rgds

I'm going back to my dealer today for them to have another go at sorting out my steering, post-recall work.

Pleased to report that Mr T sent my wife some M&S vouchers today, and a nice letter apologisng for the inconvience. (Obviously does not know that his franchisee could do better !)

Rgds

I'm going back to my dealer today for them to have another go at sorting out my steering, post-recall work.

Hi MarkyPancake,

I called my local dealership yesterday, as I had noticed recently that when the steering wheel was straight, the car would creep left, but when I had the wheel at a slight angle, it drove ok. They have said because the steering column had to be removed to fix the recall problem, it just means it wasn't put back on completely straight. Taking it in next week, about an hours work apparently.

Not sure if this helps at all.

Dan

Received £20 vouchers for M&S today! Nice.............just gotta wait for them to put the steering wheel back straight now!! :rolleyes:

It has been a week since the second attempt to sort out my steering and I'm pleased to report it's fixed. They did the wheel alignment again, adjusted the steering wheel and some other things I can't remember. Whilst it's not quite perfect, I think it's as close to it as it's going to get, so I don't want to mess with it any more or take up even more of their time.

I also want to say how fantastic Fish Bros. Toyota have been throughout this entire situation, their customer service has been nothing short of excellent.

Sorry,

but "whilst it's not quite perfect"

only

"as close as it's going to get."

I wouldn't consider their 'customer service' or their workshop's ability as

"nothing short of excellent",

Its a 'very poor performance' on their part IMHO,

why not have them collect it

& have the work done to a 'perfect standard' at no more cost or trouble to yourself?

Dont worry about their time,

thats their job which they should get right first time every time.

If they cant do simple re-call/safety work,

then they need given a big shake up.

I am so pleased that you named the garage,

it should be a warning to others & hopefully they will be picked up on their poor performance when they become aware of it being on the net.

george

It's not quite perfect in the sense that it's so minuscule I don't think they could get it any better without risking making it worse and it feels like it did before the recall work anyway.

My statement still stands about their customer service, it has been excellent and friendly. They have been open earlier than their operating hours and ready to take my key, a driver has gotten me to work as fast as morning traffic allows, and a taxi has been waiting for me at the arranged times to take me back to them. This has worked out great with the parking issues where I work and had minimal impact on my working hours.

It's not quite perfect in the sense that it's so minuscule I don't think they could get it any better without risking making it worse and it feels like it did before the recall work anyway.

My statement still stands about their customer service, it has been excellent and friendly. They have been open earlier than their operating hours and ready to take my key, a driver has gotten me to work as fast as morning traffic allows, and a taxi has been waiting for me at the arranged times to take me back to them. This has worked out great with the parking issues where I work and had minimal impact on my working hours.

That is really good service and customer care.

I am glad you are finally satisfied, that is the main thing!

• 4 weeks later...

Had my first car service and the steering recall done at

Westlands Toyota Stourbridge on thursday done a BRILLIANT

service as always :thumbsup::thumbsup: with no diffence when driving it :yahoo: and no pulling to the right nether

• 1 month later...

Marky, i had the same experience when my IQ got the recall. It seems to be common with the ones which have the steering column replaced.

Now, after two garage visits and telling them what to do, i can put my hands behind my head and the car goes straigh as a bullet.

You should first get them to put the wheel on the proper nut position. There's not a marked center position, so they should get the closest to the "straight" possible.

Then they will need to re-align the car's direction with the machine, as the various nuts that have been changed have different positions form the originals, and original alignment is no longer valid.

Hope this helps you, as it's really annoing to have a car that doesn't run straight.

Received £20 vouchers for M&S today :yahoo::yahoo:

nice one toyota :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Never had this when we had a nissan

I got mine too today!

Wonder what I can spend the £20 on, some tasty M&S food perhaps?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links