Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scratches

Mike JD

Morning all,

Having collected an irritating but very minor couple of classic country hedgerow scratches similar to the urbanites shopping trolly scuffs, I want to do summat about them. Have you had any success with any of the proprietary scratch removers such as "Meguiars SCRATCHX® 2.0 Car Scratch, Scuff & Mark Remover"? Advice gratefull received as they are nowhere near serious enough to go to a bodywork chap about but I think thay are a bit too deep for T-cutting.

Mike D

from a sunny Dartmoor where the autumn colours are awesome this year.

I got a Mer scratch remover kit,it consists of scratch remover cream and a synthetic mop attatchment for a cordless drill.Trick is not to press too hard and not using too much of the cream and keep spraying the mop head with water.It works very well just apply polish to protect after.

Morning all,

Having collected an irritating but very minor couple of classic country hedgerow scratches similar to the urbanites shopping trolly scuffs, I want to do summat about them. Have you had any success with any of the proprietary scratch removers such as "Meguiars SCRATCHX® 2.0 Car Scratch, Scuff & Mark Remover"? Advice gratefull received as they are nowhere near serious enough to go to a bodywork chap about but I think thay are a bit too deep for T-cutting.

Mike D

from a sunny Dartmoor where the autumn colours are awesome this year.

Yes Scratch X is a decent enough product and worth a try. The key to success is depth of depth of scratch and length? If you can get your fingernail caught in the scratch then I doubt you will be able to remove by hand polishing. You could try a polish like AG SRP which has filling properties followed by a wax or for ultimate perfection borrow a dual action machine polisher such as Meguiars G220 or similar and machine polish out. If you were near me I would gladly help out

Blue

Yes Scratch X is a decent enough product and worth a try. The key to success is depth of depth of scratch and length? If you can get your fingernail caught in the scratch then I doubt you will be able to remove by hand polishing. You could try a polish like AG SRP which has filling properties followed by a wax or for ultimate perfection borrow a dual action machine polisher such as Meguiars G220 or similar and machine polish out. If you were near me I would gladly help out

Blue

Kind offer indeed, chap. I don't think we could be too much further apart without getting wet feet! Looking stoopid I know, but AG SRP? Auto Glym Scratch Removal Polish? At the back of the shed I have a Makita variable speed disc sander that I used polished boats with using a Farecla foam head on and set to its lowest speed. Is that similar to the G220?Loks like I have a bit of googling to do this evening

Mike D

Edit: Ah Super Resin Polish! That looks useful! The filling properties will be useful.

!!!!WARNING!!!!!

Was just about to order one of these pens from Red Save but thankfully Googled them first. There are dozens of complaints about them as it appears that when you place an order they automatically sign you up for their monthly pass at the super price of £19.95 wheter you want it or not. Just Google 'Red Save Review' for yourself.

Be warned!

Hi, just had a similar problem, I used Meguiars SCRATCHX® 2.0 Car Scratch remover and was excellent, scratches totally removed. But as said depends on the depth. I now have a bottle of Meguiars Ultimate compound for getting out swirls, tried it and and as if by magic swirls gone. clay,polish then wax next

Is there a smiley for 'breaks into a cold sweat'? I wondered why their prices were good. There had to be a catch. There is always a catch. Ta for the warning.

Mike D

!!!!WARNING!!!!!

Was just about to order one of these pens from Red Save but thankfully Googled them first. There are dozens of complaints about them as it appears that when you place an order they automatically sign you up for their monthly pass at the super price of £19.95 wheter you want it or not. Just Google 'Red Save Review' for yourself.

Be warned!