Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

dump valve fitting ?

Ace_Waterson

Hi there i just got a bailey piston dump valve for my st185 and i was wondering how to fit it,i know where the d/v sits but i but does it have a factory fitted waste gate i have to disable,if so where is it and what do i do ?

any ideas peeps

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

In order to fit a dump valve to the 185 you need to drill a hole in the intercooler inlet pipe (metal) and have the valve welded to the pipe, its a very tight fit. The celice has a boost limiter on 1st and 2nd to save the transmission. this can be easily removed, but is not necessary for the dumpvalve.

for more info go to

www.k1ano.co.uk

this is the site which helped me the most in deciding which mods to perform on my st185. The dump valve is a mod i decided against after weighing up the cost verses the performance

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

right depending on your model of ST185 dump valve fitting is a moderately hard job. I have fitted them both to the standard GT4 and also the Carlos Sainz. Firstly personally I think it is a very good modification as it improves the driveability of the car as gear changes when booting it are definately improved, and to an extent the turbo is proptected, although on a 10 year old car you expect a certain amount of turbo play anyway.

I recommend the Bailey dump valves and the kits that they produce. On the standard GT4 fitting is a fairly simple affair. If you look at the K1ANO website there are some good diagrams and Bailey themselves are very helpful if you phone them up. However if you have an RC, you may need to saw a little off the chargecooler front pipe to be able to put on the T-shape hose which holds the valve.

For a step by step guide phone up Bailey they will provide you with all you need

hope this helps

ps you don't need to drill holes or weld the valves, Bailey now make fitting kits that do the job perfectly well. and another reason for buying is to perfect the art of creeping up on Novas and then dumping all the air!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links