Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Tax

Chris Dance

Received my car tax renewal today for my Gen 2 Prius. I was surprised to see it was £10 not the usual £15. I rang the DVLA and they said the tax had been reduced in the last budget. Makes the saving made by purchasing a Prius even better. Good news when all other prices are rising.

Yeah, I was surprised when I got my renewal!! Even better with the Gen3 - that's free!!!

Even better with the Gen3 - that's free!!!

And you can't get better than that! :thumbsup:

Received my car tax renewal today for my Gen 2 Prius. I was surprised to see it was £10 not the usual £15. I rang the DVLA and they said the tax had been reduced in the last budget. Makes the saving made by purchasing a Prius even better. Good news when all other prices are rising.

What's Car Tax ?? :spiteful:

According to some of the pundits that subscribe to this forum all Prius's and Auris's are the same, and don't want any model segregation on the forum !! :yawn:

Well here's one big difference for a start, perhaps one of these types would explain to me DVLAs award of NO Vehicle Tax for Auris's. :arrgg-matey:

Terry, isn't it down to the emissions? Don't know what the auris is, but from what I've heard under 100 thingy's - prius gen3, is free, just over - prius gen2, is 10 quid. I don't know the exact figures but where does the auris hsd fit in??

I can't remember what my first tax disc cost as the dealer handled that one, but last year it was £15 and this year it was £10, so next year it should be £5?... :lol:

I can't remember what my first tax disc cost as the dealer handled that one, but last year it was £15 and this year it was £10, so next year it should be £5?... :lol:

Yeah right!!!! Knowing how various governments have worked over a number of years it's more likely that it will go up!!

Although I must admit that it was a nice surprise when I got the renewal for my gen2 earlier in the year....

Terry, isn't it down to the emissions? Don't know what the auris is, but from what I've heard under 100 things - prius gen3, is free, just over - prius gen2, is 10 quid. I don't know the exact figures but where does the auris hsd fit in??

Yes, Right On Jan&tone,those are the parameters for Vehicle Tax -

Therefore if some Priuses attract more or less than others and the Auris is less than 100 thingies as well, how can all Toyota Hybrids be the same?

This is is my original point, the mechanicals are subtley different and one must be careful not to assume technical wisdom from one owner is good for another of a different model. For example I didn't know until I started to read this forum that Priuses had foot parking brakes!!! :blink: TerryB

Terry, I think that the Gen3 and the Auris are the same as far as the power train n Battery are concerned, it's the body shape that makes the difference.

But as far as road tax goes, I've no idea where the Auris comes in...

Terry, isn't it down to the emissions? Don't know what the auris is, but from what I've heard under 100 thingy's - prius gen3, is free, just over - prius gen2, is 10 quid. I don't know the exact figures but where does the auris hsd fit in??

CO2 emissions for the Auris HSD are 89 g/km for 15" wheels and 93 g/km for 17" wheels. I don't know anything about the Prius emissions.

So Auris hsd and Prius gen3 both free of road tax and Prius gen2 is 10 quid

Sounds like a result to me :thumbsup:

And even if it goes up, it will all be relative. :thumbsup:

If the Pri goes upto £50 then everything else will go up by £50. So even if they tinker with it, the Prius will still be a good deal.

Agree! It's all relative and while it's cheaper than anything else I'm all for it!!!

:thumbsup: