Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Runnaway Prius Gen 3 - Happened Thursday

kevin h

Yes, except it feels like you are treating everyone like children instead of reasoning adults.

Timberwolf mate, isn't that what's happened anyway over the last few years?

Nanny state and all that.... we are no longer allowed to make our own mistakes in case some bugger sues us!!

Yes, except it feels like you are treating everyone like children instead of reasoning adults.

That's the chicken/egg situation that makes it all so ridiculous. if the adults were reasoning you wouldn't have to go through the trouble of removing the mats in the first place. How can you possibly say that swearing and legal action taking people are reasoning adults?

I guess so.

I am always dismayed at the people who have trouble with aircraft toilet doors - and I don't mean the ones that are a bit awkward because they don't slide properly, but it seems the concept of a simple bolt to lock the door seems to confuse some people! :eek:

How very dare you........Now go to your room! :lol: :lol:

LOL Or what about those arrows on the road in a car park to help you identify the direction of travel ;-) Seems very hard to read for most people.

But talking about toilet doors, I hate it when the outside has a label occupied and/or this red label on it and yet somehow people feel like they need to yank the door several times to make certain. Definitely makes me read my news paper even slower thumbsup.gif

How very dare you........Now go to your room! :lol: :lol:

What without Timberwolf having to sit on his naughty step first. That's not fair crybaby.gif

laugh.gif

Had a scary drive into work on Thur.

My Gen111 prius decided to continue accelerating which meant me having to apply the brakes on an 8 mile journey to the dealer.

On the way, when I stopped at junctions, the engine was reving quite high.

Tried switching off and on, still had the same problem.

I can understand the poor frightened person who reported this problem in the US some time ago, but brking and putting into neutral does work.

Anyway, got to the dealer shaking like a leaf and explained the problem.

The cam out and connected there diagnstic machine and we prepared to go ourt for a drive.

The engineer said "Do you know what Toyota are going to ask when we tell them"? - "What mats does he have?"

Imagine my face when on looking down at my drivers mat (Not Toyota) it was laid on the accelerator.

Needless to say, the test drive we did was fine and the car has been OK ever since.

The engineer insisted that we still check everything, which took about 40 minutes in total, and he never laughed once.

Me, I just wanted to curl up in a corner I felt so stupid.

Anyway, if you experience the same problem, pull over, switch of the system and take a look at your mats.

Needless to say, my old mats (Used for 3 years in a Gen 2) have now gone.

ok first off i will appologise cause first thing i did on reading this was burst out laughing ( much to the amusment of the guy i was on the phone to at the time ) but on a more serious note this can be an issue with alot of cras not just the prius, so i would recommend to all that after cheaper aftermarket universal mat to secure them at the top with either a clip as mention by someone above or but simply staple gunning the top of the may to the carpet so it does not lift up. I glad it wasnt more serious for you and that you managed to get it sorted :)

Regards CerberusStyle ( new member and vehicle electrian )

Don't worry, I have a good laugh myself when I read what I wrote.

Not funny at the time, but hillarious now.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links