Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's This Bit?

markleigh

The round disc on the front valance. Just appears to be a blank bit of plastic... does it have any function?

Thanks

Mark

post-31153-001521900 1289054106_thumb.jp

The round disc on the front valance. Just appears to be a blank bit of plastic... does it have any function?

Thanks

Mark

In the unlikely event of a breakdown, you remove that and screw in the towing bracket found under the tray in the boot :thumbsup:

I have one now, in the roof light cluster at the front of the roof inside, there is a small hole that lights up when you have the lights on. Anyone know what it's door???

Firstparagraph corrected in next post....

Edited by Jan&tone

Sorry mark, I answered before I looked!!! That one is matched on the other side, it's the sensor for the parallel parking bit of the Intelligent parking assist...

I'll look first next time ....

Ahhhhhh. Thx!

I think I know what the light's for in the roof console.. . If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's just here to illuminate the gear switch at night.

M

Ahhhhhh. Thx!

I think I know what the light's for in the roof console.. . If it's the one I'm thinking of, it's just here to illuminate the gear switch at night.

M

Oh right! Thanks for that :thumbsup:

........ does it have any function?

Thanks

Mark

No, it doesn't and it isn't needed! ;)

........ does it have any function?

Thanks

Mark

No, it doesn't and it isn't needed! ;)

Grumpy,on the t-spirit the sensors at the front, the ones Mark is talking about, tell the intelligent park assist when the front of the car is clear of obstructions - I believe the t3 and t4 don't have the IPA??

Ao yes it does have a function and is needed :thumbsup:

If you mean the little light that I mentioned, I agree!! What's the point, I certainly know where the selector lever is, as no doubt everyone else!!!

If you mean the little light that I mentioned, I agree!! What's the point, I certainly know where the selector lever is, as no doubt everyone else!!!

Oh, but it looks so cute! Me like! :wub:

Try an experiment, blank the light off with a piece of tape and see what it's like driving without it at night. As you say, by now you have memorised the positions of the shifter so it might not make a difference to you, but for novice Prius drivers having a light to show the shifter up could be great!

I like the ambience of the light but I don't see the big deal about knowing where the shifter is. I don't use the shifter once I've started my journey, I just put it in "D" and go, then I just press the start button to turn the car off (which puts it in "P") when I get to my detination. I do have the occasional fiddle with the EV, POWER and ECO buttons now and then but I never play with my knob. ;)