Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electrics

wizzard

Hi,

I'm thinking of fitting some unusual modifications, such as an onboard PC with GPS, wireless LAN, mobile phone (for data) and an MP3 player (hopefully linked in as well as current CD player), slightly modified ultrasonic rear parking sensor (I want to power it off the reversing lights), possibly a night vision camera or something with a small TFT. There doesn't seem to be a Haynes manual available (at least yet). Anyone got any idea where the best source of wiring diagrams is for the Yaris?

Thanks again,

Martin

p.s. I don't suppose you can tell I work in computers? :rolleyes:

Hiya

Buy a wiring book from totota direct. They did them for the starlett at about 30 quid so i am 99% sure they will do one for the yaris as well

They are pretty good with the different sections split up and colour coded pictures and very easy to follow

Worth a shot at least mate.

Hope this helps,

Andy

onboard PC with GPS, wireless LAN, mobile phone

did that was too expensive to run, at the time I had free unlimited SMS for 10 quid/month now its only 600SMS/month

slightly modified ultrasonic rear parking sensor (I want to power it off the reversing lights)

its possible, you'll need a relay or two

, possibly a night vision camera or something with a small TFT.

hey thats what Ive been looking for, but I need it to work during the day, If you find any let me know

I've just bought a pocket pc thingyo with a gps receiver and some navigation software - woohoo! Just loading it all up, then I can hed out anf try and get myself lost!

yeah id suggest one of the palm pilots with the GPS gear fitted aswell

I've just bought a pocket pc thingyo with a gps receiver and some navigation software - woohoo! Just loading it all up, then I can hed out anf try and get myself lost!

see one at Aldi, not that I shop there, it was about 5ton and uses 2 MMCs

hey thats what Ive been looking for, but I need it to work during the day, If you find any let me know

onboard PC with GPS, wireless LAN, mobile phone

did that was too expensive to run, at the time I had free unlimited SMS for 10 quid/month now its only 600SMS/month

I don't know what you were using SMS for - I want to be able to dialup incase the car gets nicked and use it as a tracker.

I was planning on using 2 cameras, either with a switch or an LDR to auto-switch it.

Martin

I've just bought a pocket pc thingyo with a gps receiver and some navigation software - woohoo!  Just loading it all up, then I can hed out anf try and get myself lost!

I'm planning on trying to find something to work with my Clié PEG TH55 that is coming next week. Possibly Kane Navigator.

Martin

I'm using an Ipaq with the TomTom software - it's surprisingly good. I'm going to go on a mad long drive tomorrow to see if I can catch it out - hope I can't though, or I might be lost forever.

I'm using an Ipaq with the TomTom software - it's surprisingly good. I'm going to go on a mad long drive tomorrow to see if I can catch it out - hope I can't though, or I might be lost forever.

i tried that with my alpine navi! best to go down little country lanes the seemingly dont exist,

still tracks ya tho just keeps telling me im not on a designated roadway ie a field!

Avoid the palm o/s though, try mobile windows (or windows mobile or pcoket pc) itseasyer to sync with a regular pc. Or just buy an ipaq for music and add it into a slot on the head unit (well, i can :))

Mat

Avoid the palm o/s though, try mobile windows (or windows mobile or pcoket pc) itseasyer to sync with a regular pc. Or just buy an ipaq for music and add it into a slot on the head unit (well, i can :))

Mat

Wince/mobile/pocket windows is horrible. I much prefer PalmOS - trust me, I know what I'm talking about - it's my job. Oh, and don't worry - I'm not one of those weird sadistic people that thinks linux is better than Windows, I just find that Windows doesn't work too well when you cram it in a palmtop, no matter how many times they rename it.

Martin

Martin are you from vforum? !

No, I'm not. What's vforum? The name of this board system? I prefer phpBB personally, but this does have a few nice features.

Martin

No vforum is another forum i useed to use about digitial tv, computers, sport etc and there was a guy called martin from manchester on there who was into computers. :)

must be him, cos hes called martin, from manchester and knows about PCs

No vforum is another forum i useed to use about digitial tv, computers, sport etc and there was a guy called martin from manchester on there who was into computers. :)

Sorry - Manchester is a pretty big place, so there are lots of people called Martin, which is hardly a totally uncommon name. Also, there are loads of people in Manchester who know a lot about PCs, so I'm afraid you've probably only narrowed it down to a few hundred people. Anyway, no, that wasn't me.

Martin