Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla Verso 2007

ladysidders

Hi! Just bought this car and am very happy with it apart from the fact that every time I drive it I get backache as the lumbar support seems very soft and unsupportive. Last time I had this problem was 25 years ago when driving a Talbot Horizon! Has anyone got any suggestions about a lumbar support device that would work and would fit. Bit disappointed as it's spoiling my enjoyment of the vehicle. Many thanks.

Hi! Just bought this car and am very happy with it apart from the fact that every time I drive it I get backache as the lumbar support seems very soft and unsupportive. Last time I had this problem was 25 years ago when driving a Talbot Horizon! Has anyone got any suggestions about a lumbar support device that would work and would fit. Bit disappointed as it's spoiling my enjoyment of the vehicle. Many thanks.

You are the first person for 20 years that has admitted to driving a Talbot Horizon! I had one when I worked for BT - it got written off after I got rear-ended and the chassis moved (and so did the earth!).

I have serious back problems and I appreciate the need for decent seats. For my RAV4s, I fitted Cobra racing seats to one..although they aren't so practical now I'm growing bigger. I have a Previa and the seats for that are much more comfy, plus theres space to put in a lower back support.... like a small cushion. I have also used a device which is a seat base and back which keeps your back posture correct. I stopped using it but still have one so will try to look it out. It fits easily onto a seat and was recommended by my consultant.

if you have back problems, they say that the use of a clutch puts a lot of strain onto the spinal bits.... so I use the auto previa for long journeys. I'm starting to look at converting the RAVs somehow to hand operated clutch...although my fast RAV has a very strong clutch which takes massive abuse.

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Thanks for your advice-I like the comment about the Talbot Horizon! The torsion bar cracked on mine and the car collapsed to the ground outside my house which could have been very dangerous if I had been driving at speed.

I have just ordered a 'back friend' device from posturite so i'll see if this does the trick. I dread getting into the car now and have been looking at vehicles I could part exchange it for. I know it's early days and really I should persevere with my hunt for appropriate back supports.

Thank you once again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links